yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive got about the same on the steering arm, plenty off room behind the rad too cos my bottom rad hose runs up the back of the rad

Comment

• That's good, as I like where it's sitting

I'll lift it back out, shortly, grind the RH head so I can centre the engine perfectly, and crack on with the mounts

I've yet to get the manual adapter plate so I can't have the tranny in, yet. So it's all theoretical measurements.

Comment

• Looks like I'm 6cm short of the main prop reaching the diff. I reckon I can only squeeze another 3cm back (engine) so I'll have to extend the rear prop and shorten the front prop.

I'm going to mock up a gearbox etc, out of polystyrene, to the exact dimensions so I can be sure. I can't use the real one as I don't have the adapter yet.

I reckon I'll relocate the passenger brake pipe and clutch pipe as the LH rear cam is too close to the fixing atm.

I'm well clear of the torsion bars, atm, too.

Comment

• did you have to modify the upper portion of the sump in anyway?(the aluminium part) or are clearances all ok
          [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

• Sump's got loads of room around it

Comment

• Convertees:

Looking at loads of finished projects it looks like most have deleted the vacuum reservoir. If so...how have yous blocked the pipe to the brake servo, and do you get rid of those two controllers (bearing in mind I'll be deleting the vacuum pipes to the ADD)?

Comment

• FINALLY!!!!!!

I've managed to have the adapter made at a fraction of what certain racing engineers wanted in this country

I bought the CAD file from a very kind guy who I had to hunt down. Then a local engineering firm sorted it for me. £200 is a lot for a lump of steel but a great price for the machining involved.

Made it with a locating shoulder and also milled out space for the countersinking I need to do (once I sourced the bolts I want - which I have).

So ####ing happy. I can finally align everything, make the mounts, take the body off and crack on with the chassis clean up.

This adapter is a major step for me

Comment

• Well done, glad you got sorted out.
                  Brian

Comment

• That looks awesome. I hope I'm as lucky finding a firm to make mine.

Comment

• having the CAD file, its half of the battle done!

well done!
                      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

• Totally. And being able to tweak it is much better than off-the-shelf.

Fits together perfectly but time will tell if MY measurements on the thickness are correct

Comment

• not a bad bit of machining,i must say.
                          and as a CNC programmer and operator , i think you did quite well on the price. one offs are always expensive, 200 sov's is a bit of a bargin .

Comment

• Nice adaptor plate!what slave cylinder setup are you planning on using?
                            [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

• Definitely concentric, but haven't decided on the exact one.

Comment

• Obviously pre-clean-up...but it's now ready to go in and start the proper measuring and mount making

Comment

Working...
                                X