yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Marvellous!

If you're seperating the body from the chassis, fit the V8 then drop the body back on after.
    Exactly the plan

Do a test fit with the full engine and everything in place. Then when the chassis is cleaned and repaired (whilst separated) I was going to fit it all in situ and do exactly that, lower it over the top Will allow for a super neat job. I think there's JUST enough room to do it.

Vince, which bits do I need to send to make the mounts, again?

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
    No changing your mind now then Sy!
    Nope

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
    How do you plan to get the body off?
    I plan on jacking it up and supporting it with some big beams I have. Then run the chassis out from underneath.

The lads next door have said I can use their lift if I want. Then knock up a dolly for the body to roll it back into mine.

I'll try my way first...then theirs, if it's not looking/feeling safe. My neighbours are top lads. Very lucky with that.

Comment

• ps. Gained exactly 2" on the front arches with the engine removed. Nice to see how it will look with the suspension lift

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
        I plan on jacking it up and supporting it with some big beams I have. Then run the chassis out from underneath.

The lads next door have said I can use their lift if I want. Then knock up a dolly for the body to roll it back into mine.

I'll try my way first...then theirs, if it's not looking/feeling safe. My neighbours are top lads. Very lucky with that.
        Very handy...If you get a chance to grab some pics of that I may need to know how one day.

Good luck fella.

Comment

• Will do

Comment

Exactly the plan

Do a test fit with the full engine and everything in place. Then when the chassis is cleaned and repaired (whilst separated) I was going to fit it all in situ and do exactly that, lower it over the top Will allow for a super neat job. I think there's JUST enough room to do it.

Vince, which bits do I need to send to make the mounts, again?
            The Surf's gearbox mounting plate that bolts to the crossmember, not the actual rubber mount, the plate that it sits on.
            And both top halves of the Surf's engine mounts, again not the rubber part, the steel 'cup' part that sits on top with the two holes in.

Comment

• These three boys?

Also, the looms you need are the biggest ones with the injector connections?

Cheers, boss.
              Last edited by Sylux; 16 September 2014, 16:40.

Comment

These three boys?

Also, the looms you need are the biggest ones with the injector connections?

Cheers, boss.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

The V8 loom with all the ECU plugs on the end. I don't need any of the smaller sections.

Comment

• I put the engine and gearbox in separately,

No cutting of the slam panel!

I found it easier to have the gearbox/transfer in first, then drop the engine in, and back the engine onto it.

No scraping of any bits at the front/back/side
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Yes, yes, yes and yes.

The V8 loom with all the ECU plugs on the end. I don't need any of the smaller sections.
                    Magic...I'll get them (and loom number 1) all packed up and sent off to you

Comment

Magic...I'll get them (and loom number 1) all packed up and sent off to you

Just checking, are staying with a manual gearbox or going auto?

Comment

• Manual, Vince.

This will also need to be accounted for in the looms, I would have thought. There are a couple of connectors on the manual box, still. Presumably one for the reverse and the other for the 4x4 switches. Some on the TB, too.

Is it the GB mount that will be the issue?

Comment

Manual, Vince.

This will also need to be accounted for in the looms, I would have thought. There are a couple of connectors on the manual box, still. Presumably one for the reverse and the other for the 4x4 switches. Some on the TB, too.

Is it the GB mount that will be the issue?
                          The reverse lights wiring is in the two large plastic plugs (one is grey the other is white) in behind the passenger kick panel. Make sure you save all the wiring from transfercase/gearbox to those two plugs. It'll need separating from the engine loom. Once you've separated it all, just plug everything back in to the T/case and gearbox and your speedo and 4wd system should all work as before. You'll just need to add ignition 12v to power the reverse lights and 4wd. I'll tell you which wire later, can't remember of the top of my head re: manual gearbox conversion wiring.

The gearbox mount will be the same as for the auto 'boxes as it supports the T/case.

Comment

• Nice one. Thanks so much

Comment

• Anyone got any pics of their handbrake relocation mods? It's simple enough but I would be interested in seeing. Would like to fit a floor mounted one but not much around for that mod.

I know Bayside was considering it.

Comment

• See Lexurf VIII.

Comment

Working...
                                X