yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha, if you really want a laugh, ask a Toyota dealership what they charge for the sealant gloop they use
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
      I love the idea of the remote power steering reservoir you did on one of them (or in one of those pics).:
      That engine was from a Soarer (SC400) the reservoirs are seperate from the P/S pumps and not attached like in the LS400.
      They also have higher capacity injectors but crap exhaust manifolds.

Comment

• Interesting. So in order to achieve it I would need a Soerer PSP.

Hmmm. Just wary of the leaking issues they have (one of mine has a coated alternator). Going to overhaul one of mine but might go for the blanking idea on the vacuum part.

Speaking of parts...did you get those bits sent of, by any chance?

Comment

• Hi all
          Yeah I got mine for about £60 from Toyota.
          Also while your at it, u might want to turn the bolt around that holds the top of the steering idler. You will see in the photos that it is very close and the end of the bolt makes contact with the oil filter which happened to me, luckily it only dented the filter and not pierce it! Could of been a lot worse.
          ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Bolt turned around
            Attached Files

Comment

• Very close
              Attached Files

Comment

• And that's with the Soarer oil bracket?

Good tip and duly noted

Comment

• Yep soarer mount
                  Yours maybe a little different when you do the mounts but not by a lot.
                  Easy enough to do with the engine in too but u gotta take off filter first.

Comment

• Lock-up finally sorted out. Got loads of stuff (even a cracking welder) so it's on Oh, and got myself a little 1.2 Clio to do all the running around in Cheap little thing but it flew through its MOT.

Started removing the bits that are in the way (bumpers etc). Will be removing all the aircon stuff at the front (presuming all the wiring to the little fan and aircon rad is good to go) this afternoon and looking to pull the engine over the next few days.

I'll be separating the chassis from the body as I'm giving that the full work-over.

Vince: Did you get my message, mate? I'm ready for those bits and I need to give you the extra for the mounts. Also need to sort the wiring loom.

Truck looks weird with no front

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                      .......I'm ready for those bits......
                      Erm they were sent on the 27th, express 48hr delivery. (Parcelforce)

EDIT: Just seen your message about the change of address, oops!

Been on the Parcelforce website and apparently it's being returned to sender (I can't see how as there's no return address on the package) as delivery address 'unoccupied'.

I'll check to see if it's back at the post office here.
                      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 September 2014, 14:56.

Comment

• I'll ask the new owner if a parcel force card is there. Not sure why they'd put "unoccupied" when it's not :/

If you message me the tracking stuff I should be able to trace. It'll be around

Comment

• Proper engine manual is here I now have the proper Toyota manuals for the 3L lump, Surf and UCF10. No more poor PDFs. All is well with the world

Was meant to pull the lump out on Sunday but have been sorting shelves (for neatly arranged bits) and this new lwb transit. Transit is going to keep cash ticking over so I can spend my time in the lock-up. Will be pulled this week, though.

This welding melarky is fun

Comment

• ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - TIME TO GET BACK ON TRACK!

The first post is broken so I can no longer edit it (in order to make a neat, indexed thread). Booooo!

Anywho, been seriously side-tracked (with this new lock-up and other vehicles) for far too long. So I dedicated today to the Surf. And the order of today? Get the fecking 3L out!

1: Hmm, not sure I can take the whole lot out (engine, gearbox and transfer box) without cutting the front. It's very long.

I really don't want to cut the front

2: Oh, hold on...it's out

3: With the sway bar out of the way...no need for me to chop the front. Quite pleased.

4: Just need to fill this big hole. I'm sure I have something lying around that I can use

Next up to do some test fitting and then I can start the big clean (which will involve removing the body from the chassis).

Comment

• Marvellous!

If you're seperating the body from the chassis, fit the V8 then drop the body back on after.

Comment

• No changing your mind now then Sy!

How do you plan to get the body off?

Comment

Working...
                                X