• Show
Clear All

• Sorry I meant g/box ha
    Yeah that's the one I'm testing
    Thanks buddy
    ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Phew!

Once you've replaced the wire, reset the ECU by removing the fuse or disconnecting your battery.

Comment

• 10-4
        Will do

Comment

• Ok so had a quick look today just to locate pin 17 on the multi plug, found it and it's a white cable with brown bands on it, when I grabbed it an pulled, it just came away out of the loom as if it was not connected to anything?
          I'm worried now as to where the other end goes to?
          I didn't have time to strip back anymore of the loom covering to see if I could find the other half of the white/brown but the white cable at the g/box plug doesn't have brown bands?
          I'll get more time tmrw to strip it back to see if it's in there. If not I'll just run a new cable and hopefully solve the prob. Still waiting for the pump to come back so I can't test yet anyway :-(
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
            Ok so had a quick look today just to locate pin 17 on the multi plug, found it and it's a white cable with brown bands on it, when I grabbed it an pulled, it just came away out of the loom as if it was not connected to anything?
            I'm worried now as to where the other end goes to?
            I didn't have time to strip back anymore of the loom covering to see if I could find the other half of the white/brown but the white cable at the g/box plug doesn't have brown bands?
            I'll get more time tmrw to strip it back to see if it's in there. If not I'll just run a new cable and hopefully solve the prob. Still waiting for the pump to come back so I can't test yet anyway :-(

That wire splits into two in the loom somewhere as it also went to the cruise control ECU.

Just run a new wire from the ECU plug to the gearbox plug.
            You can run it from the ECU, under the centre consol and down through the floor where the rear heater pipes go.

Comment

• Yeah that's what I was thinking mate.
              Hope this sorts it
              All that'll be left then is the tps :-)

Comment

• Any progress?

Comment

• Still waiting for the fuel pump to get back buddy, apparently it's been sent back to a walboro engineer who has run it up for several hours now and it is fine, also no louder than a brand new one. I'm just wondering if maybe the return pipe in the tank could have been resting against the side of the pump? But then when I first start the truck the noise is not there but after about 10-15 secs it comes back.
                  Should be getting my pump back by end of week so hopefully ill have some results by Monday.

Comment

• Update

So the fuel pump is back in and still making loads of noise although slightly less this time, gonna put that down to me getting a new bit of foam to go round the pump, and cutting the return pipe inside the tank a lot shorter to ensure the pump wasn't bouncing against that. Looks like I will just have to live with it, at least I know when it's working!
                    I have 2nd gear now too, thanks vince you were spot on with that one.
                    Only issue I have now is that when I'm at about 2000 rpm in 2nd gear it seems to bog out and won't go above this rpm? Not too sure about that one, I have only driven it up the road and back as the mot is due. Will have more time to play around tmrw if I get a ticket put on it.

Comment

• Can you redline it in Neutral or Park?

Comment

• It does mate yes, only seems to do it in 2nd
                        1st is ok

Comment

• Could this be due to the tps?
                          The gear change from 1st to 2nd is not as smooth as it was ?
                          Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                            Could this be due to the tps?
                            The gear change from 1st to 2nd is not as smooth as it was ?
                            Cheers
                            Possibly, although throttle position doesn't really change when accelerating.
                            Maybe it's a speed sensor malfunction. Any fault codes?

Comment

• Just took it out again (naughty I know, mot ran out a month ago) seems that it won't really rev up as it did, revs seems to hit a limiter at around 3000 in neutral, if in 2nd it nearly gets to 3000 but then struggles to get out of 2nd but the speed is only around 48 mph that this happens? What should it be changing at roughly?
                              The rev counter hasn't been changed yet so it's still set up for the 2.4 lump.
                              Will get the codes off tmrw just before I go for the mot buddy.
                              Thanks for the help :-)

Comment

• Ah right, if it won't rev generally then it'll most likely be the AFM. Are all the inlet hosed securely fitted and tight?
                                Also, make sure your plug leads, coils(HT & power wires) and the igniter connections are secure.

Comment

Working...
                                X