Say hello to my little friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
    When you say the oil pressure switch wire, that's just to my new sender right?
    Thanks
    Yes, the fuel pump relay needs a signal (oil pressure) to switch over to constant running when the engine is running.

The fuel pump primes the fuel rails when cranking, but won't click over to constant running until the engine fires up and the oil is circulating to trigger the pressure switch.

The fuel pump will stop pumping fuel if the engine stalls when you hit a tree for example.
    It also means you can leave the ignition on when checking for any ECU codes.

Comment

• Sweet cheers dude
      ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

• Hi Vince
        I have lost the message you sent about where to connect the the temp sender wire to get the surf temp gauge working.
        Sorry

Comment

• Oh and what ratio do you put anti freeze in?
          Cheers

Comment

Hi Vince
            I have lost the message you sent about where to connect the the temp sender wire to get the surf temp gauge working.
            Sorry
            The Surf's temp gauge wire is in the large white plug in the footwell, which I have here to send to you.
            Same goes for the reverse lights and speedo.

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
            Oh and what ratio do you put anti freeze in?
            Cheers
            To be honest I don't really measure it out, but it's around 50/50.
            As long as there's good colour in it then it'll be fine.

T/case wiring arrived today by the way.

p.s. did you modify and extend the two wire (green and red wires) speed sensor connection to the transfercase? It's part of the engine/transmission loom.
            I forgot to do that one and without it the transmission won't shift out of 1st gear!

Comment

• Yep all done mate,
              Got it all wired in, checked connections to oil pressure switch, fuel pump.
              Started it and it fired nearly instantly but then dies straight away?
              Seems like the fuel pump isn't switching, and the oil pressure gauge stays at 100?
              Any ideas ?
              Cheers

Comment

Yep all done mate,
                Got it all wired in, checked connections to oil pressure switch, fuel pump.
                Started it and it fired nearly instantly but then dies straight away?
                Seems like the fuel pump isn't switching, and the oil pressure gauge stays at 100?
                Any ideas ?
                Cheers

Is the body of the oil pressure sender earthed?

Comment

• Yes bolted to the back of the left head

Comment

• Just noticed the red light isn't coming on now, and the starter got stuck on, even with the key pulled out? Moved the wiring around and it stopped

Comment

• Does the ecu case need an earth?

Comment

Does the ecu case need an earth?
                        No.

What happens when you switch the ignition on? (Dash warning lights on)

Comment

• When it tries starting on it's own, if I tap the bank of relays it stops ?

Comment

• Yep all dash lights come up, the ecu check light on the lead onlys flashes as it's turns over, it doesn't light up before turning the key.

Comment

• I'm just wondering if it's something to do with the alarm I have fitted which wires into the plug under the steering wheel

Comment

• So now as I turn the key to the ign on position not the start position it tries starting and the starter stays on, even with key out and then I have to hit the relays for it to stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X