No announcement yet.

Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, what a difference that dye makes on the carpets M8 !!! Now all you need is the black leathers to blend in

How long did it take you stripping dying and refit ?

Comment

• Recaro Seats

Originally posted by Balllsy View Post
      Wow, what a difference that dye makes on the carpets M8 !!! Now all you need is the black leathers to blend in

How long did it take you stripping dying and refit ?
      Cheers Carl.

The one thing that surprised me about the Surf is how easy it is to strip it out. The whole thing I done over a couple of weeks because I could only spare an hour here and there with work etc.
      Now I'm no expert but you could have everything out in an hour and maybe a bit longer to stick it all back in.
      I only got round to doing the two front seats a few days ago and I had a full day to work on them. It took me a full day too. That included striping them right back to the bare frames, machine washed all the covers, replaced the bolsters side & back and built them up again. I fitted the covers damp and then dryed them with a blow heater. These seats in the condition they are now, I'd take them anyday over leather ones. I enjoy leather Recaros in the Mondeo anyway

If you had a few days to go at the whole interior you could do it no problem. It's the drying that takes up the most time between coats of dye.

Last edited by GBV8; 19 February 2012, 19:57. Reason: Added photos

Comment

• Those seats look mint Gary, good job.
        I was thinking about a recaro interior for my truck, but recovering
        all the black bits with grey leather to match the the rest of the interior.
        Where did you get the new bolsters from? most of the seats I've seen,
        the bolsters are sagging or worn away.
        Still on a mission.

Comment

• Thanks Barry.
          Capital Seating for all the Recaro spares. Fast delivery too.
          I suppose with the know how you could cover them with anything.
          The bolsters do split over time. It's the constant sliding over them getting in and out. Once the foam splits and breaks down the fabric around it becomes loose and saggy. This is usually what causes it to tear.

I think I rescued mine just in time.

Last edited by GBV8; 21 February 2012, 01:35.

Comment

• Cheers Gary, need to find some seats now.

Think I'l give stevo1986 a bell first, get some prices for half
            leather retrim, as theirs definetly no know how here lol.
            Still on a mission.

Comment

• Belter

Jesus Christ
              Makes we want to put a match to my interior, looks well G

Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
              Cheers Carl.

The one thing that surprised me about the Surf is how easy it is to strip it out. The whole thing I done over a couple of weeks because I could only spare an hour here and there with work etc.
              Now I'm no expert but you could have everything out in an hour and maybe a bit longer to stick it all back in.
              I only got round to doing the two front seats a few days ago and I had a full day to work on them. It took me a full day too. That included striping them right back to the bare frames, machine washed all the covers, replaced the bolsters side & back and built them up again. I fitted the covers damp and then dryed them with a blow heater. These seats in the condition they are now, I'd take them anyday over leather ones. I enjoy leather Recaros in the Mondeo anyway

If you had a few days to go at the whole interior you could do it no problem. It's the drying that takes up the most time between coats of dye.

Comment

• Originally posted by ciaran dempsey View Post
                Jesus Christ
                Makes we want to put a match to my interior, looks well G
                Cheers C.

Everytime I sort one thing, I spot something else that bugs me and I feel I have to fix it or put it right
                I've now moved in behind the scuttle plate FFS!!!

Does my head in but then you know what they say.

"If a Man ain't got a hobby then he's out cheatin on the Wife."
                Staying married suits me at the minute haha!
                Last edited by GBV8; 22 February 2012, 00:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
                  "If a Man ain't got a hobby then he's out cheatin on the Wife."
                  Staying married suits me at the minute haha!
                  I wouldn't let the wife see that Gary, I heared how much she was hitting you all the way through the tunnel !! LOL

Comment

• And what the hell is a "Scuttle plate" I searched but couldn't find the answer

Comment

• Scuttle plate at the bottom of the windscreen. It has vents cut into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBV8 View Post
                        Scuttle plate at the bottom of the windscreen. It has vents cut into it.
                        More commonly known as "front scuttle"
                        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                          More commonly known as "front scuttle"
                          Just realised that it's a good job there isn't a "Back scuttle" on a vehicle!
                          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                            Just realised that it's a good job there isn't a "Back scuttle" on a vehicle!

Comment

• that's a great looking truck ...it's got me thinking....
                              6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy

Comment

• Just had a wicked idea Gary ... You should offer the carpet dying service, they bring the truck to you and you give them the V8 while you are working on their carpets ...

I'll be over in the morning with mine so leave your keys under the stone... I might not be back for mine

Comment

Working...
                                X