Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting...

Cheers!

I assume they had to ditch it because of the VVTi gubbins and cam drive..
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
      Interesting...

Cheers!

I assume they had to ditch it because of the VVTi gubbins and cam drive..
      Yeah, space is a little tight.
      The Soarer (SC400) has a remote P/S reservoir on the pre-VVTi engines.

Comment

• Originally posted by snowplower View Post
        LS430 producing 320ftlb of torque at 3400rpm, thats what i need for big tyres
        Have you heard of the Nissan VK45DE engine?
        I reckon it could be the next Japanese V8 to have when everyone gets bored of the 1UZ-FE. Available in 4.5, 5.0 and 5.6 flavours.

Comment

• Everyone now looking for Nissan President instead of LS400
          Brian

Comment

• Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            Everyone now looking for Nissan President instead of LS400
            Looking now before breakfast

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Have you heard of the Nissan VK45DE engine?
              I reckon it could be the next Japanese V8 to have when everyone gets bored of the 1UZ-FE. Available in 4.5, 5.0 and 5.6 flavours.
              Could only find it in the Nissan Infiniti, still a expensive fresh car to be butchering for now. Nissan President is old enough for the Grinder but i think very rare.

Comment

• Nissan Cima........
                http://www.japanesecartrade.com/make...-cima-222.html

Comment

• Just found a 'nice' bonnet scoop for you Lexurf boys - Even got 'V8' written on it!! :p

Big Bonnet Scoop
                  ------------------------
                  Truck? What truck .......

Comment

• Gutted I got a genuine intercooler bonnet now!
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by sadinn View Post
                      Just found a 'nice' bonnet scoop for you Lexurf boys - Even got 'V8' written on it!! :p

Big Bonnet Scoop
                      50 bar for that? A trifle cheeky, methinks.
                      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

• Originally posted by sadinn View Post
                        Just found a 'nice' bonnet scoop for you Lexurf boys - Even got 'V8' written on it!! :p

Big Bonnet Scoop

Comment

• Hi Bushwacker. Not been on here for a while. I had a 3lt 2nd gen back in 07 but know a lot less about trucks then as I do now I ended up letting it go thinking it was knackered (I later figured out the head had gone) well since then i have had a god awful shogun and now i have my beloved Land Cruiser. Always on the look out for another white 2ng gen though as my main DD.

The reason for posting here is that I was wondering if you are still doing these conversions. The 1KZ-TE I have in my 90 series LC now is the same one as in the surfs but the chassis and underneath workingy stuff is more similar to the 3rd gen. I was wondering a. have you done a conversion for a 3rd gen and b. what sort of number I would be looking at for you to do it if you would be at all interested.

I would be quite keen to keep the manual box but that's not a deal breaker and I think the transfer box puts the front drive shaft to the passenger side (I believe its the other way around on the surfs) If you think you may need any more info just let me know (I know my LC pretty much inside out now)

Hope this doesn't offend with it being more about a cruiser than a surf but I am really loving the idea of having a Toyota LexCruiser.

For anyone that may be interested heres a couple of pics of my current truck and a video of the first day I got my old surf

http://youtu.be/ttyyCaAq7Hw

Comment

• Gotta ask, doesn't the LC have the option of a 4.7 V8 anyway?

Comment

• The 80 series did but the 90 like I have only came in a 3lt TD 3ltD4D (Later models) and a 3.5 V6 petrol.

Comment

• Fair enough, sounds to be a fun project.

Comment

Working...
                                X