No announcement yet.

Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers JMC & hehehe, I know what you mean. That is a new technique I have started to adapt myself.
    Every time I start it, it always brings a smile on. I'm loving that V8 rumble.

Comment

• I am really envious, That looks a fantastic bit of kit. Very nice to look through the thread and see the history of these builds. Bludy excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by GBV8 View Post

That £61 I put in down at yours done us up to the garage where I met BigBobE in Dublin and the light still hadn't come on!
        I stuck another £40 in and that got us the 110 mile home @80mph and also a few days I used it to go to & from work. I wanted to see if the fuel light was coming on which it did. It seems to be doing approx 22mpg combined. The ST220 is doing 20mpg combined!!!

Excellent!
        It can only get better form now on once your right foot has calmed down.

On the few mornings I used it for work it was below zero and the engine fired up right away. Sometimes it takes a few seconds longer of cranking but it fires up. Only thing is I have to hold it on the throttle until about 40 degrees before it will hold the idle itself. Only takes a minute or two to warm but a bit of a pain. If I fire it up, stick it in drive and go there is no problem but i'd like to sort that out. The thought of remote start from inside the house in the mornings and a nice warm truck when I get in is very appealing
        I left the fuel pressure control VSV off as a couple of 1UZ owners have commented that their engines seem to produce more torque with it deleted, but thinking about it now, they are running factory standard LS400s and their ECUs are getting a lot more information than yours.
        I'll post the VSV to you and you can re-fit it. The plug should still be labled for it, and is tucked under the inlet manifold, passenger side of the engine. You just need to remove one of the stainless dome nuts, fit the VSV/bracket and re-fit the nut. Then connect the small vacuum pipes.

I'll take some photos of the V8 I have here to explain better, it's exactly the same engine as yours.

Did you get my PM a few days ago? Yes Here's a pick of the ARB bracket. I'm going out now to get underneath for a better look. This is the first time in days it's been dry enough.
        Do you think I should hammer/bend it back up or just get a new bracket from Roughtrax to be sure?

Is the bolt just missing or has the head of it broken off?
        If it's missing, then you just need a 12mm head bolt to re-fit the bracket back in place.
        If it's sheard off, then it would be easier to get that side of the bracket welded to the chassis as it'll be a PITA to drill out the bolt.

Comment

• Gary, your 3.0 is now on e-Bay.
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hilux-Surf...-/250956748247

Comment

• Nice one mate

I was doing my usual daily search on eBay for Surf parts and I came across it. I knew right away from the pic that was it in your garage.
            Looks brand new! It ran like new too.

Let's hope someone is on the lookout for a 1st class 3.0TD.

I have another PM for you with some new questions but I'll write it up later today

Comment

• Just browsed this thread from start to finish, top job there, really love the detailing. I can see a HILEX in the not too distant future...spot on looking swop Vince...love it.

Comment

• Vince, I put a thread in the 'wanted' section. Do you have any of these laying about?

Comment

• I should be able to give you the side moulding trim part of my Lexurf, I'm removing all the trim any way.
                  You can have my wiper nut cover too. I'll put them in the box of other bits and pieces and send it this week mate.

Comment

• Cheers Vince!

Feel a bit bad that you are butchering your own truck though

Be sure to let me know P&P cost.

Comment

Cheers Vince!

Feel a bit bad that you are butchering your own truck though

Be sure to let me know P&P cost.

Not butchering, improving.

Comment

• Vince, are you still sending the parcel over? I had sent you a PM about a few things. If you got it ignore everything about the air con mate. I'm not interested anymore in getting it up & running again.

Are there any coolant hoses that are hidden down between the two banks of cylinders on the V8?

Comment

Vince, are you still sending the parcel over? I had sent you a PM about a few things. If you got it ignore everything about the air con mate. I'm not interested anymore in getting it up & running again.

Are there any coolant hoses that are hidden down between the two banks of cylinders on the V8?

Parcel is in the truck ready for the morning.

There's a steel pipe that runs from front to back in the valley. Do you still have a coolant leak? Most likely culprit is the heater matrix connections on the bulkhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Do you still have a coolant leak? Most likely culprit is the heater matrix connections on the bulkhead.
                            I thought I had it when I removed the fan switch capillary from the rad hose (that one is sorted now) but there is still a small leak somewhere and it's dripping out down by the bottom of the bellhousing. I'll have it sorted by the weekend when I get a day off on Friday. Been working flat out now for 3wks without a break Shouldn't complain really.

Inside of truck is stripped bare at the moment.
                            Seats and carpets are still out. The carpets are all dyed now and I'm really pleased with the result. Also managed to find a leak I had to the inside which was making the interior damp and misting the windows up.
                            Loads of pics to follow soon.

Comment

• Train Horn Tomfoolery.

Managed to bag this little pair on eBay last night for a good price.

They are Viair Dual 380c compressors. Brand new and boxed.

Plans are for a set of Nathan Airchime K3 train horns and a 5 gallon tank to supply them.
                              Will also connect up an airline for tyres and blowing dust off my dash

All totally unnecessary and useless but loads of fun. I'll keep the thread updated

Comment

• J H C Gary I cant wait to see those babies in action !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X