No announcement yet.

Lexurf VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking looking truck, one of the best you have done Vince.
    Brian

Comment

• Thanks Bri, i think so too.
      It's lovely to drive, maybe it's because of the 18" alloys, but it's really smooth and quiet at cruising speed but snarly on kick-down. Doesn't feel as brutal as the previous ones though, again probably due to the larger wheels, but nevertheless, still easy to lose your license if you wanted to.

Can't wait to go out in it again tomorrow, (the new discs and pads need bedding in) video to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Can't wait to go out in it again tomorrow.
        Wait for meee !!! I'll be over early afternoon

Comment

• No worries Carl. I'll be in the garage pulling a V8 out of a Lexus in the morning.

Upskirt shot!

Comment

• Bluddie wind!

Comment

• I recognise that area from previous lexurf's.
              Is that your regular testing ground.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

• Yep, half a mile up the road.

All test drives go uphill from my house, if anything goes wrong, I can roll back down onto the drive.

Comment

Yep, half a mile up the road.

All test drives go uphill from my house, if anything goes wrong, I can roll back down onto the drive.
                  Sounds like you expect them to break down.

Comment

• Originally posted by si tate View Post

Not my work.
                    I have no idea how the rear diff has been treated in the past.

Comment

Notice the shiny new brakes?
                      Back home now and viewing on the big screen again

Missed the brakes first time round mate. Looking good. How's the steering now?

That first vid sounds great with the headphones on. Sounds very smooth pulling away and something tells me theres plenty more volume to come if that loud pedal is stamped on

The truck is looking feckin immaculate!

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      How Dare You!

Comment

• Steering feels like a proper car now! Front brakes are bedding in nicely, I'll put the new drums on Monday.

Balllsy called in for a drool before travelling up to Bala off-road site. He had a short pootle in the truck (him driving in the videos)and remarked how positive the steering is. Another future customer I reckon.

We're going here tomorrow for a winter picnic...http://www.caerphilly.gov.uk/cwmcarn...pdf/fd_map.pdf

Santa is going to be there and there's seven miles of echoey forest to drive through. We've lived up here for twelve years now and I've never been there, it's only two minutes away!!
                        I'll get some decent sound recordings for you to keep you moist 'till Wednesday.!

p.s. Did you notice the churned up grass in the first video? That was me making sure 4WD works............all four wheels spin quite easily.

Comment

• Awh, that place looks mega! The wee man will be delighted up there and Santa too!

Believe it or not I did see the tyre marks on the grass and was thinking it was you. Then I seen the walker up the road and thought no, Vince wouldn't be up there acting the hooligan

Good to hear Balllsay enjoyed it too

It sounds like all your hard work has come together nicely mate. The wife & I can't wait until Wednesday to come down and take a couple of days out. Been working 'hard' these last few months and collecting no.VII is a nice way to finish it all off

Comment

• How Dare You! [/QUOTE]

Sorry!!

Comment

• Hey vince, where did you get the flexi pipe for the exhaust from?

I think I have a cunning plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by si tate View Post
                                Hey vince, where did you get the flexi pipe for the exhaust from?

I think I have a cunning plan.
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Mtr-Exha...item43aacfdf71

Comment

Working...
                                X