yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by gary-r View Post
    import dutys a real pain but its still cheaper than buying parts here.

    was chatting to 2 mechanics from the local lexus dealer here - a genuine tps from lexus is 276 euros (£243.88) including the vat. the best that rock auto have (intermotor) are around £50. even if they dont last as long you can buy 5 of the rock auto ones for 1 toyota one..



    why do we get robbed blind in europe

    Because we just accept it and incarcerated if we don't.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
    Raped again by HMRC mate?

    Do I owe you for anything in that order?

    No not yet, I'll see what needs replacing later. You definitely need two O2 sensors though.
    Your engine is slightly diffrent as it's a 1996, the AFM for example is the 'hot wire' type not Karman Vortex, and the EGR system is totally different.

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    import dutys a real pain but its still cheaper than buying parts here.

    was chatting to 2 mechanics from the local lexus dealer here - a genuine tps from lexus is 276 euros (£243.88) including the vat. the best that rock auto have (intermotor) are around £50. even if they dont last as long you can buy 5 of the rock auto ones for 1 toyota one..



    why do we get robbed blind in europe

    Leave a comment:


  • GBV8
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Just had two Parcelforce dockets through the door, one asking for £21 the other for £39, import duty.


    Didn't cost a penny last time stuff came here from Rock Auto. Guess I'm marked down as an 'importer' now.

    Raped again by HMRC mate?

    Do I owe you for anything in that order?

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Just had two Parcelforce dockets through the door, one asking for £21 the other for £39, import duty.


    Didn't cost a penny last time stuff came here from Rock Auto. Guess I'm marked down as an 'importer' now.
    May just be bad luck - at least they arrived! Are you on paypal? If you give me your details I'll ship you the loot...

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Son of a B***H!!!

    Just had two Parcelforce dockets through the door, one asking for £21 the other for £39, import duty.


    Didn't cost a penny last time stuff came here from Rock Auto. Guess I'm marked down as an 'importer' now.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    ETA for some update pics, Saturday evening.

    I've been modifying the back lighting of your dash clocks, as I read one of your posts stating that you would like white backlit gauges. I've done it so it lights up LS400 style and invisible when the ignition is off.
    Just waiting for the new LEDs to arrive before I can photograph it.
    Cool! Sounds awesome... Can't wait to see some pics.

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    ETA for some update pics, Saturday evening.

    I've been modifying the back lighting of your dash clocks, as I read one of your posts stating that you would like white backlit gauges. I've done it so it lights up LS400 style and invisible when the ignition is off.
    Just waiting for the new LEDs to arrive before I can photograph it.

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by gary-r View Post
    patience is a virtue young man -

    i heard the lexurfdom elves had a week off on the ####
    I know I am just teasing. You can't rush genius!
    Seriously Vince there is no hurry - I know you have been flat out.
    Though I hope there will be some more pics soon!!!
    Last edited by flounderbout; 7 April 2011, 21:26.

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    It's the 9th April this Saturday isn't it? Woohoo! That is when Lexurf VI is ready according to this 'ere PM I got from Vince last month!


    Best I toddle off and buy my train ticket... See you on Saturday...












    patience is a virtue young man -

    i heard the lexurfdom elves had a week off on the ####

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Only one of the mounts survived.
    The other was stuck to the crossmember underneath as I lifted the engine out, even though I had removed the nut.
    Do you still want it?

    There's loads of LS400 breakers of Ebay. Just type-LS400 breaking- into the search on Ebay.
    Niiiice, send it Vince, send it! I have one here anyways.

    Addy' is

    21 Caroline rd
    Llandudno
    Conwy
    LL30 2TY

    Let me know how much cash money you want too and I'll zap it over

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    It's the 9th April this Saturday isn't it? Woohoo! That is when Lexurf VI is ready according to this 'ere PM I got from Vince last month!


    Best I toddle off and buy my train ticket... See you on Saturday...












    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    LOL.. Rather be a cock sparra' than a skipjack!

    Exciting! I'll have everything crossed..

    Only one of the mounts survived.
    The other was stuck to the crossmember underneath as I lifted the engine out, even though I had removed the nut.
    Do you still want it?

    There's loads of LS400 breakers of Ebay. Just type-LS400 breaking- into the search on Ebay.

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    LOL.. Rather be a cock sparra' than a skipjack!

    Exciting! I'll have everything crossed..

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    Now then Vince, me ol' cock sparra'.. any positive, rubbery news

    I'll let you know before lunch tomorrow. The nuts came undone easy enough from underneath so fingers crossed they should be in good condition. They're on a 1996 Ls400, me ol' skipjack!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X