yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexurf VI.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Now then Vince, me ol' cock sparra'.. any positive, rubbery news

    Leave a comment:


  • jmc
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    No, sorry.

    I was being all careful not to damage them on removal and there was no need, they were broken anyway. The weight of the engine was holding them together.

    I'm stripping another LS tomorrow, it's a 1996 so the mounts should be in better condition.
    Ooh, very new.

    Is that a VVT-i then?

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    Oh no..damn those pesky mounts.!!

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
    How you getting on Vince? Any nice rubbery engine mounts liberated yet

    No, sorry.

    I was being all careful not to damage them on removal and there was no need, they were broken anyway. The weight of the engine was holding them together.

    I'm stripping another LS tomorrow, it's a 1996 so the mounts should be in better condition.

    Leave a comment:


  • an1mal_69
    replied
    How you getting on Vince? Any nice rubbery engine mounts liberated yet

    Leave a comment:


  • gary-r
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Yeah, both sensors will need replacing.
    It's the trail of brake fluid it left on my mate's drive that was more worrying!
    obviously a well looked after example of the breed

    my previous owner seemed to be limited to black tape as the repair favourite

    iv'e ended up replacing nearly every sensor and all the ignition system on the thing so i'm guessing yours will be much the same .

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by biosurf View Post
    Must be a Surrey thing...


    My butler's very good with that sort of thing...

    Leave a comment:


  • BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    PS I seem to remember when I ran the diagnostics that I got codes for both oxygen sensors R and L...
    Did you enjoy the state of the metal on metal rear brakes!

    Yeah, both sensors will need replacing.
    It's the trail of brake fluid it left on my mate's drive that was more worrying!

    Leave a comment:


  • gwh200
    replied
    Ok...rubber suit for henry!!

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    Now calm down dear, don't forget...newspaper in the corner, for weeing on.
    I don't think it was wee...

    Leave a comment:


  • gwh200
    replied
    Now calm down dear, don't forget...newspaper in the corner, for weeing on.

    Leave a comment:


  • biosurf
    replied
    Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
    my capabilities with a spanner are pretty much limited to being a spanner....
    Must be a Surrey thing...


    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    PS I seem to remember when I ran the diagnostics that I got codes for both oxygen sensors R and L...
    Did you enjoy the state of the metal on metal rear brakes!

    Leave a comment:


  • flounderbout
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Not much to report other than I've carried out a diagnostics on the engine and apart from it being mingin', it's still using the original plugs and leads, so it's safe to assume the original timing belt too!
    Oh and it's a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) LS400, which basically means it's got everything on the factory options list fitted.
    It's a Celsior officially, but badged as a LS400, hence the Toyota badge on the engine instead of Lexus..

    Scanner picked up a knackered O2 sensor and it failed the emmisions test!
    Wanted to pull the engine out today but we've had visitors here most of the day.
    And it begins! Happy days! And I think you are probably allowed Sundays off Vince...

    I reckon that as regards the Lexus/Celsior/Toyota lump it has a) been a minicab, and b) never seen the inside of a garage. So I reckon if there is any doubt at all it is worth replacing stuff. Better to spend a bit extra now for peace of mind - it is a long way to South Wales, and my capabilities with a spanner are pretty much limited to being a spanner....
    Just let me know how best to do it - I can either transfer funds to you and you can order them direct, or if you let me know exactly what I need I can order it (although our track record in that department has been prettty average - my fault I'm sure!!!).

    Very excited that we are underway - let the Professor magic commence!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • blackpoolsparks
    replied
    Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    It can be considered a Lexurf but not a Lexsurf.
    Celsurf ?
    Sursior ?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X