Hi Mark.
I usually delete the vacumm part of the ADD, it makes it trouble free.
Alternatively, you can just connect the pipe that normally goes the vac pump, to one of the ports on the inlet plenum on the V8.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Lexurf VI.
Collapse
X
-
Hi Vince,
I've been reading your post's on these great Lexsurfs you've been doing and have been inspired to put one of these fab V8's in my LJ70
I wanted to use the Auto and do a similar install to what you do, but as as the LJ's G-box is soooo tiny I would have to bolt the back axle straight onto the back of the T-box to make it fit
So a manual set it will have to be. I have one question, what do you do about the vacuum for the ADD system? Do you use the Surf vacuum pump or pipe of a feed from the inlet manifold. Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) the end result of Lexsurf VI 
Cheers muchly
Mark.......
Leave a comment:
-
mmmm MDBY

not sure but you could be heading for a career change as a bisexual doctor
Leave a comment:
-
I have just noticed that mine was "MDBY".
Does this make me a dick?
Leave a comment:
-
mine was a £475 mot failure off e-bay - back end had severe tin worms.
if i was doing it again id buy a decent one with some mot left and drive it around before the surgery. reason being the rot-box i bought (unseen
) needed £300 in engine parts to put it right.
decent engine though - quet, no rattles and bags of grunt.
Leave a comment:
-
It's in far better nick than mine.
Was it rusty as fook underneath? Mine is; that said, I bought mine, fixed it, MOTd it, taxed it and insured it for less than £1k.
If it passes its MOT this year, it'll live on...
Leave a comment:
-
My god that is mint! JUst like my £400 off gumtree number... Not...
Leave a comment:
-
Oh yeah you're right, sorry Ross.

I wonder what I did with number III's plate then?
Leave a comment:
-
Nothing, it'll be held in place by the fuel hoses and the bonnet will stop it from falling out as well, there's only 10mm clearance. It can't go anywhere.
Leave a comment:
-




Leave a comment: