But how's the Lexurf?

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                Mines rough.

Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  Why?
                  cos he leaves it festering round the back in the rain letting all the leccy bits get damp

Comment

• Well when I startup, it's a bit rough. If I try to drive away, it feels like the box us slipping. If I park facing up hill, it won't go into reverse at all. Fluids are fine, but I desperately need bew leads, and I'm still unemployed...so when I get sone work.
                    It's actually all fine, but needs using a bit more than it gets at present.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      Well when I startup, it's a bit rough. If I try to drive away, it feels like the box us slipping. If I park facing up hill, it won't go into reverse at all. Fluids are fine, but I desperately need bew leads, and I'm still unemployed...so when I get sone work.
                      It's actually all fine, but needs using a bit more than it gets at present.
                      Make bure the kick-down rable is adjusted correctly, there's a small hubber marker on the inner cable, it needs to be just visible at the end of the outer sheath.

I can type using the back of a spoon too!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Make bure the kick-down rable is adjusted correctly, there's a small hubber marker on the inner cable, it needs to be just visible at the end of the outer sheath.

I can type using the back of a spoon too!!!
                        i tried my kickdown cable adjusted in and out - it makes a huge difference to the gearchange.

ive got about 1mm of the rubber doodaah showing now and the changes are super smooth. i changed the filter and pumped 15l of the toyota atf through it as well.

Comment

• Sorry...an excitable Fred on my lap!
                          I still need to put my new caps and rotor arms on as well. It's all ignition based, damp issues. After a few miles it's running fine. I do have a leak again though. It's where the heater hose goes through the bulkhead. I've got an insert for the copper pipe. I just need some time on it. Ive run it for 6 months and hardly touched it!
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

• ecu hidden

after 10 hours of soldering the ecu is now in the glovebox cuddling the relays and fusebox. i now have a glovebox that holds 2 postage stamps and half a pencil but its a bit neater.

it gives easy access to the fusebox, relays and the ecu.

i thought about moving it under the seat but it would be a real pain having to take a seat every time i want to fiddle with the ecu.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by gary-r View Post
                              after 10 hours of soldering the ecu is now in the glovebox cuddling the relays and fusebox. i now have a glovebox that holds 2 postage stamps and half a pencil but its a bit neater.

i thought about moving it under the seat but it would be a real pain having to take a seat every time i want to fiddle with the ecu.

Very neat.
                              There's guy on Lextreme that has extended all 80 odd wires of his loom just so he can fit the ECU behind the seats in his pick-up. Took him six hours apparently.

I'm going to look at creating a glovebox or cubby hole in the top part of the dash if possible.
                              Changed my mind about trying to get the Lexus dash to fit, it's never going to look neat however I do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gary-r View Post

Thats excellent gary.
                                I do have all the plugs that go into the ecu. Its a simple unplug/replug to move it anywhwere, on its 6 ft of spare cable.
                                i took it for a spin today. Its all ignition/damp/bad cables/poor dizzy caps...i could go on.
                                I need some sunny days and a bit of mojo....
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X