Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearbox mount fabricated and installed

Comment

So the engine is now in its (hopefully) final place. Quite close all round to be honest so hopefully everything clears with any torque twist.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on how to wire the transfer case? I think I've got all the engine and gearbox wiring figured out, but I think there's 5 plugs on the transfer case that somehow need to be connected to something. It's a shame a lot of Vince's posts have gone now, as I'm sure the answer would have been in there somewhere.

Also, any recommendations on a flat pack stainless exhaust kit would be useful. I'll be buying a TIG to make it, just need a good source of the parts.

Comment

Well it’s been a tough slog. Engine is in its final resting place, Walbro fuel pump is in the tank and refitted along with new fuel filter and AN-6 fittings. Oil relocation is fitted with new oil pressure and temp sensors. Loom is all fitted and shoved through the firewall. Gear linkage shortened and props refitted.

Now we come to the wiring. I desperately need some advice from either Vince or someone who may be able to help actually wiring everything to the surf. I bought the diagrams etc from Kelvin at cartune.nz, but there’s a lot of stuff in there I don’t understand. Like the alternator wiring….which seemed to just plug in using the surf connections. And the ecu, which as I am lead to believe needs relays and fuses for the fuel pump, starter and efi circuits.

help!

Attached Files

Comment

Wiring
            - I'd recommend Chris at Phoenix Engine Management. He can make you a whole loom.
            Thanks
            Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Already spoke to Chris and he said he couldn’t do a loom that would plug and play. I also saw his prices!

and why do all my posts need approved now?

Comment

Sorry about your posts needing approval. It's the software that runs this forum (and countless others). It's an utter pile of **** and I spend countless hours battling with it. I'll see if I can get you permanently whitelisted.
                Thanks

Comment

Update - I've made you, budweiser and NiftyNev super moderators so if your posts get flagged again you can approve them yourself. Sorry I know it's a pain but I'm working out why the anti-spam system is being so buggy.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                    Update - I've made you, budweiser and NiftyNev super moderators so if your posts get flagged again you can approve them yourself. Sorry I know it's a pain but I'm working out why the anti-spam system is being so buggy.
                    ok, thanks
                    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      WOW! A promotion. Do I get a pay rise as well?

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post

WOW! A promotion. Do I get a pay rise as well?
                        haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMAudio View Post
                          Well it’s been a tough slog. Engine is in its final resting place, Walbro fuel pump is in the tank and refitted along with new fuel filter and AN-6 fittings. Oil relocation is fitted with new oil pressure and temp sensors. Loom is all fitted and shoved through the firewall. Gear linkage shortened and props refitted.

Now we come to the wiring. I desperately need some advice from either Vince or someone who may be able to help actually wiring everything to the surf. I bought the diagrams etc from Kelvin at cartune.nz, but there’s a lot of stuff in there I don’t understand. Like the alternator wiring….which seemed to just plug in using the surf connections. And the ecu, which as I am lead to believe needs relays and fuses for the fuel pump, starter and efi circuits.

help!
                          do you have a link for that oil filter plate? im looking for something like that before i supercharge it.
                          thanks

Comment

Item 360783211953 on eBay. Made by torque uk.

Comment

great, thanks

Comment

So I’m hopefully coming to the end of the wiring. Just have a few bits left to figure out, so if anyone can help with the following, that would be appreciated;

I have the starter relay in place and working, however it starts in any gear., so I’ve obviously picked up the wrong signal wire under the dash. Any idea which wire in which plug should be used?

the last few wires to connect will be tacho, oil pressure gauge, reverse lights, engine management light, and atf temp light. Are there any I’ve missed, and which plugs would those signals come from?

lastly, Kelvin @ cartune advised I need to power the trans. As I used the full loom from the Lexus, and the transfer box wiring just plugs in its original position under the dash, is there another feed I’m missing?

Comment

Working...
                                X