Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMAudio
    replied
    Well I finally finished my conversion, and the V5 and MOT have all been done. It’s running great aside from the fuel pump I bought going noisy, so I’ll need to replace that.

I do still have a couple of wiring bits to finalise, namely the reverse lights and the overdrive.

I’m totally confused with what wires I should be connecting to enable the reverse lights, as it seems to pass through the ecu. So I’ve got reverse wires in the ecu plugs, the Lexus main engine harness plug, and the hilux IH1/IH2 plugs. Anyone know what needs to connect to what here to make it work?

finally, the overdrive works after I followed some posts on here so I think I ran a wire from the ecu direct to the switch on the trans tunnel. The OD works, but backwards. ie: when the button is out and OD Off light is lit, the overdrive is on. When the button is in, and OD Off light is off, the OD is disengaged.

anyway, it’s been a big learning curve, but I’m delighted it’s pretty much finished, and driveable. The sound is amazing, and I’m looking forward to putting some miles on it.

Leave a comment:

• DMAudio
    replied
    So I’m hopefully coming to the end of the wiring. Just have a few bits left to figure out, so if anyone can help with the following, that would be appreciated;

I have the starter relay in place and working, however it starts in any gear., so I’ve obviously picked up the wrong signal wire under the dash. Any idea which wire in which plug should be used?

the last few wires to connect will be tacho, oil pressure gauge, reverse lights, engine management light, and atf temp light. Are there any I’ve missed, and which plugs would those signals come from?

lastly, Kelvin @ cartune advised I need to power the trans. As I used the full loom from the Lexus, and the transfer box wiring just plugs in its original position under the dash, is there another feed I’m missing?

Leave a comment:

• budweiser
    replied
    great, thanks

Leave a comment:

• DMAudio
    replied
    Item 360783211953 on eBay. Made by torque uk.

Leave a comment:

• budweiser
    replied
    Originally posted by DMAudio View Post
    Well it’s been a tough slog. Engine is in its final resting place, Walbro fuel pump is in the tank and refitted along with new fuel filter and AN-6 fittings. Oil relocation is fitted with new oil pressure and temp sensors. Loom is all fitted and shoved through the firewall. Gear linkage shortened and props refitted.

Now we come to the wiring. I desperately need some advice from either Vince or someone who may be able to help actually wiring everything to the surf. I bought the diagrams etc from Kelvin at cartune.nz, but there’s a lot of stuff in there I don’t understand. Like the alternator wiring….which seemed to just plug in using the surf connections. And the ecu, which as I am lead to believe needs relays and fuses for the fuel pump, starter and efi circuits.

help!
    do you have a link for that oil filter plate? im looking for something like that before i supercharge it.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• budweiser
    replied
    Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post

WOW! A promotion. Do I get a pay rise as well?
    haha!!

Leave a comment:

• NiftyNev
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin View Post
    Update - I've made you, budweiser and NiftyNev super moderators so if your posts get flagged again you can approve them yourself. Sorry I know it's a pain but I'm working out why the anti-spam system is being so buggy.
    WOW! A promotion. Do I get a pay rise as well?

Leave a comment:

• budweiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin View Post
    Update - I've made you, budweiser and NiftyNev super moderators so if your posts get flagged again you can approve them yourself. Sorry I know it's a pain but I'm working out why the anti-spam system is being so buggy.
    ok, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Sorry about your posts needing approval. It's the software that runs this forum (and countless others). It's an utter pile of **** and I spend countless hours battling with it. I'll see if I can get you permanently whitelisted.

Leave a comment:

• DMAudio
    replied
    Already spoke to Chris and he said he couldn’t do a loom that would plug and play. I also saw his prices!

and why do all my posts need approved now?

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    Wiring
    - I'd recommend Chris at Phoenix Engine Management. He can make you a whole loom.

Leave a comment:

• DMAudio
    replied
    Well it’s been a tough slog. Engine is in its final resting place, Walbro fuel pump is in the tank and refitted along with new fuel filter and AN-6 fittings. Oil relocation is fitted with new oil pressure and temp sensors. Loom is all fitted and shoved through the firewall. Gear linkage shortened and props refitted.

Now we come to the wiring. I desperately need some advice from either Vince or someone who may be able to help actually wiring everything to the surf. I bought the diagrams etc from Kelvin at cartune.nz, but there’s a lot of stuff in there I don’t understand. Like the alternator wiring….which seemed to just plug in using the surf connections. And the ecu, which as I am lead to believe needs relays and fuses for the fuel pump, starter and efi circuits.

help!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DMAudio
    replied
    Does anyone have any info on how to wire the transfer case? I think I've got all the engine and gearbox wiring figured out, but I think there's 5 plugs on the transfer case that somehow need to be connected to something. It's a shame a lot of Vince's posts have gone now, as I'm sure the answer would have been in there somewhere.

Also, any recommendations on a flat pack stainless exhaust kit would be useful. I'll be buying a TIG to make it, just need a good source of the parts.

Leave a comment:

• DMAudio
    replied
    So the engine is now in its (hopefully) final place. Quite close all round to be honest so hopefully everything clears with any torque twist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X