Air-con belt - correct fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air-con belt - correct fitment

I just had to replace the air-con belt on my 2nd Gen 3ltr, and I thought I'd share one bit of information that might help others.

The listed part by Eurocarparts and Roughtrax is a 13x1175 belt. I got one from Eurocarparts as they had a special on and it ended up being £5.77 delivered.

Only problem is that the bugger didn't fit, not even with the tensioner right the way down. Reading here and other forums suggested that it is a common thing and that you have to really wrestle it on. Looking at the belt it rode quite high in the pulleys, so I checked it against the old belt, and found it was much wider. The old belt (which has been on for at least 12 years) was closer to 10x1175. So I swapped it out (Euro parts # 202660505) and this one fits on a doddle, rides correctly in the pulleys, and tightens up just fine.

No idea if my old belt was the genuinely correct one or if the previous owner had a similar problem and just swapped it out. Anyway, hope this bit of information helps another Surf owner out.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Hey Paul longtime mate, hope ya well...Nice tip buy the way, never ran a Air-con belt for the last 14 years but always kept it in the Truck tho, still have it but probably passed it's sell by date now tho

16+ Years of Surfs, 9 years on Spotless it ain't but spotless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 8 June 2017, 21:09.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
    X