Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jameswallace View Post
    Has the spill valve been tested?
    No. But if you introduce 12v to the 2-wire plug at the Spill Valve the engine starts (revs high though), so I'm guessing it can't be that.

Comment

hi
      try this cut the wire to the valve
      then put 12v to it start truck and disconnect
      the 12v you can't leave it connected because the
      ECU only sends a pulse to it to start the truck
      if you keep 12v connected it won't run as it should
      if truck runs when you disconnect. it may be a bit eratic
      but then you can be sure its the ECU
      the old git

Comment

As i understand it:

I dont think (cant remeber) the spill valve works on 12v...

The spill valve works on voltage opening and closing. When its closed (power to the unit) it will let fuel into the engine (hence your high revs) it works at a very high speed opening and when its open it will let fuel back into the pump (idle etc It is modulating the amount of fuel it lets back into the Pump by opening and closing varying amounts.
        I think the spill valve is low voltage but not sure.

It sounds like the scv isnt getting voltage or isnt working correctly.
        Last edited by Jameswallace; 31 March 2015, 19:54.

Comment

On another note, are you connecting an earth and positive ot just a positive..? I seem to recall it being live all the time and the ecu earths it to control it. So you could try putting un plugging the scv, put 12v just into the live feed for scv, and make the connection from the negative on the plug going into the loom

Comment

There's a week of fiestas here so I won't have access to the car, but I have found a place in Australia where I can get a replacement ECU for about £140 delivered. So I'm going to order that in any case so I have a future spare. When I can get access to the car again I'll try the connect and disconnect of 12v to the SPV asI don't know if the first mechanic left it connected, hence the ultra high revving.

Comment

The ECU arrived, which I actually bought from a different breaker in the end who charged me £90 (inc P&P) for an exact same model/part # (waaaaay cheaper than the rest of the p155 takers out there), unfortunately it would appear that it is not the ECU that is the problem.

There is still no current getting to the injector pump. Yes the car starts if you introduce 12v to it, but connected to the ecu it just turns over and still won't start.

Comment

Was gonna answer but already covered..sorry. Good luck with the PITA problem.
                Last edited by Overland Tonka; 13 April 2015, 17:16.
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Any word on this? Chasing down what seems like the exact same issue. Is it throwing any error codes? All relays check out specifically the scv relay?

Comment

I am still at the mercy of the mechanics. Zero fault codes, all fuses and relays seem to be in order, no difference with a different ECU, not the CAT1 Immobiliser and not the batteries!
                    When I went to the garage a week ago they had all of the under dash panels off and were tracing cables. Basically there is no current getting to the SPV. The problem I have mainly here is that, being in such a rural area good mechanics are very hard to come by and when you find one they are very busy. The one my motor is at now has more than 20 cars parked waiting for works, plus those who just turn up daily wanting a 'quick fix'. This is delaying things somewhat, but hey ho this is where I choose to live so I guess I'll go and chill in the sun some more whilst the Surf gets looked at for 30 minutes once a week!
                    But back to the fault, the garage had a 45 page PDF on the Surf (in English) showing some excellent info on the wiring and they seem to be (were) looking at a faulty resistor on the SPV circuit. I'll go down there again next week and chase them a bit and see where we're at.

If you want to try another ECU I can give you the details of a breaker in Australia who will sell you one for around £140.

Comment

Living in Japan fighting the exact same issue. Here is the PDF if anyone wants it. Been slowly working through it.

http://www.wanderlustonline.com/1kz-te.pdf

Please keep us updated if you track down the issue. I will do the same. Also I would love the contact for the ecu. The manual points to that being the culprit often. Thanks!

Comment

Brilliant upload of the manual, thank you. Perhaps a mod could make this a 'sticky' to help others in the future.

alan@4wdpartsworld.co.nz Helpful guy and he has a number of ECU's available (and other stuff), just give him your part numbers. ($224.25 NZD) plus P&P.

Comment

I can't take credit for it, found the link on the interwebz. Thanks for the contact. Followed the manual and realized that I'm just not getting the appropriate voltages out of the ECU. Having it sent off to the ECU doc. Hope that helps.

Comment

I sent mine to them and it was returned with a clean bill of health, but as another poster said they have been known to be wrong I decided to buy another ECU. It turns out that's not the issue, but at least I now have a spare ECU and it cost me less than £100.

Comment

Motor fixed, running and back at my gaff.

Comment

How was it fixed

Don't keep us in suspense, what did the guy do to fix the problem? Will.

Comment

Working...
                                X