Temp guage rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
    Penryn born and raised, moved from God's country, when work dried up, and went all modern and moved to Wiltshire(tempory like).
    I painted my old 2.4 surfs bash plate dayglo orange, wish I'd painted it black again before I sold it as now I keep seeing it everywhere as a local brought it!
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Definately fit the trans cooler, and re-oil the viscous fan to make sure it is working at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
        Definately fit the trans cooler, and re-oil the viscous fan to make sure it is working at its best.
        I did wonder whether the it was the vicious fan at fault. I don't do much towing of heavy loads, mainly just driving Or towing a small light trailer.
        If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

1KZ-TE cooling

1KZ-TE temp gauge is notoriously insensitive, It basically reads "cold", "normal" and "head gasket failure", so if your temp gauge is that high, WORRY!

I have had exactly the same issue with my '96 3rd Gen Manual, when on long fast hills, heavily loaded.

Suggestions:-
          Fit an aftermarket temp gauge in your top hose as close the block as possible and watch it carefully (you'll be interested in the difference between this and the factory gauge)

Read the following thread - http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forum...e-1KZ-TE-motor

Change your thermostat (consider a '76 degree one available from main dealers), re-oil your viscous fan, flush out your cooling system and consider a trans cooler.

Comment

Working...
          X