Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel leak

I replaced my injectors and then developed a mystery fuel leak
    I replaced the leak off washers and leak off pipes and i am still getting fuel on cardboard underneath

It seems to be running down the engine and dropping off the exhaust and the front diff...

Its not a huge amount but enough to show..

Im running 100% veg, so could it be the O ring on the pump on the top? Definatly leaking something

Is it a conventional O ring? Or is it a toyota special oval ribbed with a big price?
    Any clues on size if its 'normal'

Its hard to pinpoint it with hurricane toyota blowing everything in its path...

But assuming i can easily change the O ring is it "simply" a case of undoing the humungoes nut and take it out with a replacement o ring on rebuild?

Thanks

if your runnig 100% veg then the seals may be drying out, put some derv in this will re lubricate the pump seals and hopfully stop your leak.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I have a 2 tank system so start and stop on diesel. Maybe a day running on diesel might do the trick?

Down in power on the diesel lines as think i squashed a fuel line in the boot. Doh!!

Comment

**update?**

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswallace View Post
          I replaced my injectors and then developed a mystery fuel leak
          I replaced the leak off washers and leak off pipes and i am still getting fuel on cardboard underneath

It seems to be running down the engine and dropping off the exhaust and the front diff...

Its not a huge amount but enough to show..

Im running 100% veg, so could it be the O ring on the pump on the top? Definatly leaking something

Is it a conventional O ring? Or is it a toyota special oval ribbed with a big price?
          Any clues on size if its 'normal'

Its hard to pinpoint it with hurricane toyota blowing everything in its path...

But assuming i can easily change the O ring is it "simply" a case of undoing the humungoes nut and take it out with a replacement o ring on rebuild?

Thanks
          Hey, I had the same problem running my 2nd gen when using
          Veg oil, like said before put some Diesel in and your problem
          should go away as mine did!
          It was the o~ring on the side of the pump closest to the block
          that was fooked on mine, changed filter n put some quality injector cleaner in and was good as new....

Comment

Nope it didnt

Faulty injector not sealing

I replaced the o ring on the top of the pump in situ as it was weeping

Comment

Working...
            X