3.0 td ssrx manual idle problems urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 td ssrx manual idle problems urgent

over the last few days my surf has developed a problem. its done 180k km.
    always run fine. then i noticed sometimes when dropping the clutch when coming up to junctions etc to stop, the revs would drop slightly to low and cause the engine to shake a bit.
    it was intermittant, and then one time it caused it to stall.
    it has now got worse, and pretty much every time i depress the clutch it drops to barely enough revs to keep it alive, u can feel the steering go heavy due to the ps pump not rotating fast enough.
    it is also starting to stall frequenty.
    it has gone from being fine, to very quickly pretty bad, within 2 days, so i can only imagine within a day or so it will stall every time.
    one other thing, is sometimes it recovers the revs and idles normally when it doesnt stall. other times it just stays idleing at about 200 revs shaking its ass off lol.
    it also seems a bit jerky on and off the throttle when driving.
    any help much appreacated, need this sorted asap.
    thanks
    nick

when was the last time you changed your fuel/ air filters?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

about 8 months ago, will be giving it a service soon, just wanted to check if it was a fault, rather than just needing a service.

Comment

have a look at this thread.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60668
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

thanks for that, but i have never used veg oil in it, and either had the previous owner. it seems to still drive pretty much fine most of the time, its just when i dip the clutch the idle is buggered.
          only now and again it feels like its a bit jerky when going from no throttle to throttle.
          is there any systems like brake pedal/clutch pedal switches that control the idle when coming to a stop. ??

Comment

Working...
          X