diesel plugs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel plugs....

Easy job? just like changing spark plugs? Did the service myself. Oil and air filter and new oil took me 20 mins

Thinking of new plugs for the winter

Yes easy if all goes to plan. You need a 12mm deep socket. Disconnect negative battery terminals. Remove glow plug rail from manifold and top of glow plugs and note the insulators, wiring, nut and washer will need to be replaced in the correct order.

Remove glow plugs carefully and if any resistance is felt, there may be a carbon build up on them, so try not to bend them during removal and just keep rotating gently until they come out.

Install the new ones, replace the glow plug rail then reconnect battery terminals.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
      Yes easy if all goes to plan. You need a 12mm deep socket. Disconnect negative battery terminals. Remove glow plug rail from manifold and top of glow plugs and note the insulators, wiring, nut and washer will need to be replaced in the correct order.

Remove glow plugs carefully and if any resistance is felt, there may be a carbon build up on them, so try not to bend them during removal and just keep rotating gently until they come out.

Install the new ones, replace the glow plug rail then reconnect battery terminals.

Nev
      sounds easy

Comment

Right so I am right in thinking they are the parts marked with red arrows?
        and I need to remove the 2 parts marked with blue crosses?

Worryingly when I started this morning there was a puff of white smoke from the exhaust before it went clear

Comment

Working...
        X