yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Leak.....(big pictures, you are warned)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak.....(big pictures, you are warned)

Well had a leak for a while now and if you read my last epic adventure into washing the oil off you would know it cost me dearly....
    Well as i cannot see down the back of the motor and the body doesn't lift up like a drag car i borrowed a slim camera and took some lovely pictures.....

This is looking straight down the back of the head and as you can see the top of the bell housing is covered in oil.
    This ruled out my first thought of main crank seal as how the hell would it get out the bottom of the bell housing and up onto the top.....?

This is shot across the back of the head and as you can see if the rocker was leaking surely the silver pipe would have its own oil coating ?

So my thought is if the head gasket was shot could it blow oil out the back and down ????

Or am i missing something else......

To top it all i know have a water leak from the flange on the other end of the silver pipe where it bolts to the block under the inlet manifold.....aaarrrgggghhhhh!! !!

May have to do a proper job and strip it off to find the oil leak and in the process fix the water leak.......

Paul1566
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

my surf's got a similar leak and mess as you describe but i'm convinced mine's from the rocker gasket. my plan is to change the gasket, clean the mess and see if it still mess's itself again!

i'd definatly get the water leak sorted sharpish though, don't want to run it dry, then there will be tears!!

Comment

Dont help much but get the water leak done sharpish ..... only takes an hour to do the pump......quicker if you are good with a spanner and not trying to figure out which parts are what as you go lol...thanks ladies and gents!!
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Water leak has appeared to have stopped, just done 200 mile round trip to see grand parents and where the leak was visible there's nothing.
        Still going to get the gasket on the flange done but water levels fine.
        More concerned that the oil leak could be blowing out the back of the head gasket. Have noticed a slight oiling along the front edge where the head and block meet just by the rear of the timing belt cover and its not the cam seal as thats pukka toyota and spanking new.
        Soon as i get time i am going to do the headgasket, if you have read my previous you will know that the new head that was put on was done by a numpty who left half the bolts out and fitted a duff exhaust manifold & gasket....makes you wonder if the head gasket was good or reused original.
        Looks like i gunna need the good old carpet on the drive trick to soak up the drips.

Comment

your leak sounds alot worse than mine! there's not any external oil pipes on the engine is there? i've seen plently of leaks on oil pipes abd joints on other engines.

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
          Looks like i gunna need the good old carpet on the drive trick to soak up the drips.
          i find a gravel drive is good for oil drips, i'm slowly mixing black bits of gravel in with the rest of the blue ones!!!

Comment

have you tried using a mirror on a stick (any motor factors that sell tools should have one) and a light to see if you can see where the leaks coming from?

Comment

Tried the mirror on a stick no luck.
              Did manage to get the bell housing cleaned off yesterday and after
              driving to work this morning i can see the oil pooling on the bell housing.
              Will post picture after lunch.
              I think its the head gasket leaking and better to strip and look than ignore
              and top up so next week i will strip her down and give her a good inspection.....

Comment

Well? What happened with the leak?! Did you find where it was coming out? I seem to have similar and am looking for solutions...
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                X