No announcement yet.

Chirping Noise.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought..... Could it be clutch squeal? I get a similar noise when I'm caning it and hitting the next gear at the top of the torque curve. I always put it down to a bit of clutch slip.
    Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

Not the clutch its and auto.....
      New belts going on tomorrow will see if that stops it.
      She's working well bar the chirp cus when i left work and gunned it the rear end span up wooo hooo......never thought i'd do that in a deseasal truck....
      saying that last weekend drove me dads 19 foot camper and managed to get the wheels squealing through the lanes coming back across from matlock to alfreton, should have seen me dads face ha ha ha.....
      Remember arrows are silent.....................
      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
        She's working well bar the chirp cus when i left work and gunned it the rear end span up wooo hooo......never thought i'd do that in a deseasal truck....
        3.0l Surfs make surprisingly good drift sheds...
        Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

New belts fitted at work in about 15 mins and then had to wait till home time to test her out......Well it aint the belts.
          Seems to respond to accelerator postitoin as in it increases and decreases with the pedal position fairly close to the engine revs.....
          gunna learn to play a tune on it......maybe chirpy chirpy cheep cheep ha ha ha.......
          Tried to get it to do it whilst stood still in the works car park and only managed to annoy the pigeons.......
          So this must mean it only does it under load ? God this is doing my yud in......
          May have to resort to profesional help....nurse, nurse i need a hand.....

Going to have a look at the alternator next, the engine looks as though she was swampwed when it overheated due to the residue all over the engine bay.. may have washed out the phosphur bronze bearings causing the shaft to wear and oscilate.... arc at me using posh words....

Oh this is fun......NURSE its doing it again.....

Paul1566

Comment

Oh bu99er..... think i found the culprit of the chirping noise....
            Went to check the exhaust manifold bolts where torqued up right and the lower rear nut did not feel right so removed the stud and out came the thread as well... the replacement manifold i fitted is now like a banana, and the thread in the head is completely gone.... the manifold gasket which is two bits of crappy metal has signs of blowing between them, suppose the noise i was hearing was the gasket doing an impression of an oboe reed...
            Looks like helicoil is on the cards and yet another manifold and gasket are needed, question is am i gunna have to take the head off to do it or will i get enough room to get in and do it in situ' will see when i get the helicoil kit.....
            May bit the bullet and see how much a new manfold is as well....
            Oh the joy of surfing, atleast i got to feel the potential she has for a week...

Paul1566

Comment

Working...
            X