Help removing alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing alternator

I've fubared my alternator after drowning it in sludge a few weeks back so I'm trying to get it off and see if it cleans up.

I'm following this article on the aus forum and got to stage 2 before I got stuck

This is my pic

First off I tried undoing B and it undid till I had a good 6mm of thread out but the belts are solid.

Then I tried bolt C at the end of the bracket, but it was still solid so did it back up again.

I've tried to undo A but its stuck solid. Sprayed penetrating fluid on it and I'm just rounding the head off.

I'd try harder but I don't really know what I should be undoing to release the slack on the ac compressor belt drive, the aus article just says 'release the tension'

Advice please.
    Wax on, wax off

I have just finished replacing my alternator (bought new from Milners)following the link you have said, with no problems at all. So I can't help with your stuck bolts.

Nevian

Comment

if you just take the air con pump out but still leave the pipes etc on it then you will be able to get the alternator off easier.If you take the long bolt from the alternator that fixes it to the mounting bracket it can be a sod to refit so take the alternator off with the bracket attached
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
      X