Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating

Can anyone give me any tips on how to stop my KZN130 from overheating whilst towing my caravan.

Originally posted by growler02 View Post
    Can anyone give me any tips on how to stop my KZN130 from overheating whilst towing my caravan.
    Fit an AFT cooler, but after you've made sure the rad isn't half blocked with crud. Very common.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that.

Do you know how much anti-freeze has to be put into the system?

Comment

4-5L is normally enough, the system holds 10ish liters. I don't normally put more the 50% coolant in to water.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers! sorry 2 keep on but what would the best viscous / electric

Comment

Here's something to read.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195

Nev

Comment

cheers buddy

Comment

I cracked the head on my 3Litre after an overheating incident and so I replaced the radiator after having it upgraded/enlarged from 3 to 5 core. This did mean that i had to remove the viscous clutch and have a new flange fabbed up. This now means that the fan runs all the time increasing fuel comp slightly. However I have never since had any overheating problem even when fully (over) loaded at 3100kg and pulling a loaded 1 ton trailer 1000km from SA to Zim.

PS: The cooling system now takes around 16 litres.
                Last edited by bundubasher; 23 July 2008, 13:00.
                @africa4x4cafe
                [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

As Tony said get the rad checked first I spent time and money replacing thermostates viscous coolant and found it was the rad.

Comment

on long gradients try not to take the revs over 2500 and whatever speed you do you do, i found this a good way of getting up the steeper climbs, i never had a chance to try the tug down to newquay after i had the head done as weve sold up but if it does start getting hot open the windows and get yer blowers going brings it down quick sharp
                    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
                    X