Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oak View Post
    coolsv650:

The staining is due to to the fact that cuz of the intense cold, i recently connected the heater which for some reason had been disconnected. It took a lot of pressured air to clear up the pipes which had become clogged with rust etc...didnt get the chance to get it serviced hence the staining (sorry u had to see my dirty laundry )

I plan on visiting my mechanic this Saturday. Nething that I should ask particularly related to the turbo thing?
    Normally overpressureisation results in a blown hose, a common effect of a cracked head. (prob why the 2.4 was changed in the first place) Looks like the previous owner cared alot about his motor......... NOT!

With regards to the turbo, 1) is it there 2) is it working OK there should be a definate whistle when driving under load (sound proofing does make it a bit difficult to hear
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Finally managed to visit the mechanic yesterday..and Im happy to report that he put my mind at ease regarding the Turbo issue its working all fine according to him...however, he was of the opinion that the low mileage is due to the gearbox which wasnt changed when the engine was swapped. I think i'l bear with that for now unless any of u think that it wud be damaging for the engine in the long term....Thank you all for ur help

On an other note, i was planning to do an upgrade job on my trucks interior...are there any pics of any such jobs on the forum? i havent yet found any
      OAK

Comment

Working...
      X