No announcement yet.

Eratic idle - intermittent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh well, at leased it didn't cost you anything to do that. i think that there must be a few of the regulars to this site on holiday at the moment because you didn't realy get a lot of responce to this one, hope you get it sorted out and it don't cost to much, and let us know what it was........

Comment

Eratic Idle, I thought he was a member of the Monty Python crew

Sorry could'nt help myself,
      "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

who are they, and where are they located, do you think that they may be able to help on this one?

Comment

Well its going in today and guess what? Its been running ok for the past few days. Typical, whats more typical tho is that it'll start playing up tomorrow after he's told me he can't find anything wrong.

Will report back when he's looked at it

Comment

As I thought it ran perfectly whilst with him. He couldn't spot anything obviously wrong so i'll just have to see how it runs from now on and cross my fingers that it was a temporary problem. Its still hard to start mind and is chucking out a lot of black smoke on start up.

Comment

could it be a worn injector, over fueling a bit?

Comment

sorry for buttin in but what does the EGR thing do, and what gain do we get by blocking it off?

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow
                  sorry for buttin in but what does the EGR thing do, and what gain do we get by blocking it off?

It reduces NOX emmisions, by blocking it off, it reduces smoke from the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire
                    It reduces NOX emmisions, by blocking it off, it reduces smoke from the exhaust.
                    so thats it, no other gains just helps emmisions and smoke,
                    so i either put a ball bearing in the pipe or cut pipe fold over ends and zip tie them, sorry to ask but 1st time i read about this mod

Comment

Originally posted by SurfingNow
                      so thats it, no other gains just helps emmisions and smoke,
                      so i either put a ball bearing in the pipe or cut pipe fold over ends and zip tie them, sorry to ask but 1st time i read about this mod

Some people say that they've noticed a bit more power and reduced mpg, but if they did it's very very marginal.

NO need to cut the pipe, just pull it off and seal the end.

Comment

Originally posted by davemaxx
                        could it be a worn injector, over fueling a bit?
                        Had a new head, new injectors and glow plugs about 6 months ago, so wouldn't have thought so.

Fingers crossed tho its behaving itself at the moment, and has been for longer than usual which is a relief.

Comment

you could give it a service now then after 6 months, new oil and filter, air, filter and fuel filter.

Comment

Working...
                          X