Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUEL CONSUPTION ON A 3rd GEN TURBO DIESEL

I have recently bought a 3rd gen turbo diesel "96,
    I am trying to work the fuel economy out and I was wondering weather any one knows what I should be getting, my problem is I work in km/ ltr, so if anyone knows, please can you let me know what I should be expecting.
    Many thanks
    Last edited by shumba; 14 July 2006, 21:10.

Originally posted by shumba
    I have recently bought a 3rd gen turbo diesel "96,
    I am trying to work the fuel economy out and I was wondering weather any one knows what I should be getting, my problem is I work in km/ ltr, so if anyone knows, please can you let me know what I should be expecting.
    Many thanks
    Try this
    http://www.guycroft.clara.net/utils/mpgfromk.html
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

divide your litres by 4.5461 to get how many gallons you have used

then divide your kms by 1.6093 to get your distance in miles

then divide mileage by fuel to get your mpg

thats how i do it
      at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

I'v been measuring my mpg as well, my 3 litre 2 generation Surf is averaging 22-23 mpg in city driving (stop start conditions). I don't think thats too bad considering her size and weight...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
          my 3 litre 2 generation Surf is averaging 22-23 mpg ...
          I am getting the same - doing mainly short journeys (<5 miles)
          1996 3rd generation surf

Comment

Have had Hippo up to 28, she averaging 25 at present - she does 86 mile a day with around 70 on the M23/M25 motorways.

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

96N 3rd Gen best I've had was 32mpg on run to Fairford from Doncaster kept Lara Leadfoot out of the drivers side and drove 'sensibly'??? got 25/27 mpg on the work run between Doncaster and Barnsley these figures have taken 3 months to work out the average (I am still stuck with the Manual , I haven't got the Auto yet)
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h
                96N 3rd Gen best I've had was 32mpg on run to Fairford from Doncaster kept Lara Leadfoot out of the drivers side and drove 'sensibly'??? got 25/27 mpg on the work run between Doncaster and Barnsley these figures have taken 3 months to work out the average (I am still stuck with the Manual , I haven't got the Auto yet)
                I am getting about 30/33 on my 3rd gen. Up and down the M23 everyday, around town its about 28
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I must have lead boots!

23-24 overall, although that does take in a lot of short trips.

Best was 27 on a long slow A road trip, worst was 21 going to Brum and back in a hurry.
                  Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

on 50 squids worth of diesel i am getting between 350 to 375 on a run !

dont have a clue about the mpg on that but its a darn site cheaper to run than my old trooper
                    surfs up (in sales anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by kev n sam
                      on 50 squids worth of diesel i am getting between 350 to 375 on a run !

dont have a clue about the mpg on that but its a darn site cheaper to run than my old trooper
                      2.6 petrol ??? i still got mine just for fun
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I was marshaling at the back of round norfolk scooter run for charity yesturday and was amazed that at spending most of the time between 40 and 50 MPH i averaged 35 MPG in my 2nd gen 3l
                        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

I am getting 400 k's when filled to the brim on my kzn185 and am getting 425- 445 freeway driving

Comment

The best I have managed is 673 km's on a tank, over the last six months it has averaged 30 mpg, worst 27mpg & best 33mpg. Maybe I should try harder.

Comment

Nimo, do you freewheel downhill or something??
                              Still Searching,
                              Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
                              X