FUEL CONSUPTION ON A 3rd GEN TURBO DIESEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip
    Nimo, do you freewheel downhill or something??
    Perhaps it broke down and was towed

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

up in the hills of the Peak District on a 10 mile drive to work each day climbing a couple of 300ft hills I'm getting 22-23MPG on my summer holls in Cornwall I get 27-28MPG all the way down the M6/M5 to St Mawgen. Im happy given the weight of the Suff plus all my fishing gear lives in the back.
      Life is a predicament of matter.

Comment

i think mines got i drink problem

im lucky if i get 200miles to a tank wtf! any ideas? ok its got big tyres but she has been $$$$e since i had her

andy
        I dont know only just got mine!

Comment

Same problem

Hey guys, I'm so jeolous that some of you actually have acceptable fuel consumption figures. I average 320km per tank and its just $$$$ing me off because my brother has a VX Landcruiser that does 400km on the same amount of diesel.

My car is stock standard, even the tyres and is mated to an Automatic.
          The car doesn't smoke or anything and everything seems to be fine. I just can't except the fact that a 3.0 turbo diesel can drink that much diesel. Note also I'm not a leadfoot by any means of the word.

Any of you guys had this type of dismal fuel consumption and did something about it? What did you do? please help us guys with thirsty surfs.

Comment

maybe its time to get your injectors calibrated or buy new ones

Comment

First thing I would suggest trying would be a diesel injector cleaner
              that you add to the fuel. Not sure what choice you'll have out your
              neck of the woods, but the likes of Redex, Forte, Miller's, Blue Coral
              are common across here.

Comment

Whenever I check my fule consumption, its about 29 mpg.

My motoring is mostly country lanes, farm tracks and approx 30 miles of motorway a week.

Comment

Confused (not DOT.COM)

3.0 TD. I'm getting 6.6 miles per litre. I'm gradually breaking myself into metric, that's nearly 30 mpg or 10.56 kpl or nearly 48 kpg but that's doing a 35 mile journey at the top and bottom of each day. Running locally, sometimes with trailer attached, sometimes off-road (non-strenuous), sometimes 4x4 I get about 6 mpl or ....... you do the maths.

Comment

Running on SVO in a 3.0 p reg. getting 28-30 on a run or about 23 around town. Not bad I think. My neighbour has the 2nd gen 3.0 and gets considerably lower milage. Don't know if this is due to his being a 4 gear auto as opposed to my 5 gear Manual. Maybe?

Comment

I`m only getting 17.5 mpg (28Kpg) Does the reddex thing work, or is there something else I could try?

Comment

Working...
                      X