centre grill air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• centre grill air

is there a way of shutting the centre air vents,on the gen 2 surf. i'm roasting trying to demist my windscreen .
    Last edited by internetsurfer; 23 May 2006, 10:06.

They shouldn't be on when your on demist only, You probably have a flap malfunction.

If you have a push button vent selector, often the servo cable kinks and the vents don't open and close properly.

Its behind the the lower bit of the center consol, behind a white cover, but you'll probably need to remove the radio as well.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks tony , thats my weekend filled in.

ps- i just checked and when i press for windscreen only i still get a faint breeze blowing through vents but not alot , should i be getting zero wind , anyone else has/had this issue
      Last edited by internetsurfer; 12 May 2006, 17:52.

Comment

For de-misting make sure hou have the 'fresh air in' button selected and not the 'recirculate the stale air in the car' button pressed. Otherwise you will just get hot and the windows won't de-mist.

Comment

today it stopped blowing air to windscreen , it just pours out the centre air vents now, i 'm guessing its 1 cable to sort then
          i noticed upon fitting my stereo , it seemed tight pushing it in ( oh !! matron )
          i maybe dislodged something pushing , will have to check it out. asap .
          Last edited by internetsurfer; 22 May 2006, 11:24.

Comment

You may have push the multiplug out from the back of the heater buttons.

Comment

thanks vince , will take a look when this $$$$$$ rain stops

Comment

well took it apart and yes the cable has turned back on itself and made it brittle . it now bends at the point of pushing the mechanism to open the window vents, i just greased all the workings and now going to try and solder the end of the wire to make it strong again . possibly crimp some kind of small metal tube around the end too. the whole mechanism down by handbrake lever for the flaps is a point for a blob of grease once a year i recon. if this fails i need a new cable and what a job getting it off from the top of where its fixed if it has to come off, failing this i think i will just leave it off with the vents set to windscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
                  well took it apart and yes the cable has turned back on itself and made it brittle . it now bends at the point of pushing the mechanism to open the window vents, i just greased all the workings and now going to try and solder the end of the wire to make it strong again . possibly crimp some kind of small metal tube around the end too. the whole mechanism down by handbrake lever for the flaps is a point for a blob of grease once a year i recon. if this fails i need a new cable and what a job getting it off from the top of where its fixed if it has to come off, failing this i think i will just leave it off with the vents set to windscreen.

A pic for reference.

If you look down by the pedals, just above the foot rest you (you'll need to get on your knees!) will see these white plastic levers. These can get stuck and need to be 'helped' to move into their various positions do direct airflow.
                  The pic shows the position on the levers to direct air onto the screen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

new cable on order 6 quid plus vat from mr.t . i just need to recalibrate my spine now after bending up overs backwards for an hour.

Comment

all done after 2 attempts , the outer sheath has to clipped down spot on if you want the flaps to be closed exactly at the correct position.

anyways the part number for the flaps control cable is 87286 - 35010 , this is for the push button servo type not manual sliders .

Comment

Working...
                      X