Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0L engine noise/vibration gen 3 1996 td

Hi i have a noise / vibration coming from my engine on idle up to 1500
    rpm ish i thought it was the power steering pump so i have drained / flushed etc and the noise is still there, it appears to be coming from the power steering/ vucuum pump area , am i correct in saying that the brake vacuum pump and the power steering pump run from idler gears straight from the engine ? .if i load the engine ie turn the steeing wheel while stationary with the engine running the noise/ vibration dissapears, let go of the wheel and its back again, is there any ajustment of either the vac pump or power steering idler gears or do they wear? please help

Power steering pump noise!

Hi,

I have a 3.0 TD 4Runner 1995 UK spec (not sure which gen that is!?)

I have exactly the same problem with mine, noise at 1500 revs, when steering turned go's when let go and centres comes back etc. I originally changed all belts, cambelt, tensioner, flushed engine through and power steering.
    I have now changed power steering pump and vacuum pump with absolutely no difference to it. If anything it's getting worse!
    It sounds like you got as far as me, or have you managed to sort it out?
    If you could help me in any way with this I would be forever grateful as it's now driving me insane! Thanks.

Hannah

Comment

surf noise

hi mate, mine got that bad i sold it? regards paul, but i regret it , im now looking for another

Comment

Hi Paul,

Wish you luck with next one! I'll have to plod on with mine until I pin point it!
        I do have another one as spares so will now try to find a manual.

regards Hannah

If anyone out there has any ideas on this I'd be really grateful to hear them.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X