Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con And Suspension

Air-con
    Could Someone Tell Me How To Work The Air-con. I Have Put Nob On Cold Setting Turned On To Full Setting And Then Pressed Air-con Button And Nothing Changes.

Suspension
    What Should The Distance Be From The Centre Of The Rear Wheel Hub To The Bottom Of The Rear Wheel Arch Directly Above The Tyre.
    My Back End Is Sagging Quite Bad. I Am After Some New Springs But Some I Have Seen Say They Will Give A 2 To 3" Lift And That I May Need Longer Brake Hoses Or Cables. If The Sagging Is More Than 3" And I Put Springs On Will This Lift The Back End Up To Its Original Position Thus Meaning I Will Not Need New Cables. Could Anyone Tell Me Some Places To Get Springs From So I Can Compare Prices And So On. All Help Greatly Apreceated

Your air con probably wants re-gassing.
    Check this first..........Start engine, set heater to cold, blowers on 3/4 or full blast, then look at air con compressor on the engine. The pulley should be turning with the drive belt. now press the button for the air con and the centre of the pully should start spinning aswell. If the pully centre dosen't spin, then you need a re-gas.

You can get new springs from here £40 per pair plus tax.

http://www.milneroffroad.com/4x4.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sketty

Suspension
      What Should The Distance Be From The Centre Of The Rear Wheel Hub To The Bottom Of The Rear Wheel Arch Directly Above The Tyre.
      My Back End Is Sagging Quite Bad. I Am After Some New Springs But Some I Have Seen Say They Will Give A 2 To 3" Lift And That I May Need Longer Brake Hoses Or Cables. If The Sagging Is More Than 3" And I Put Springs On Will This Lift The Back End Up To Its Original Position Thus Meaning I Will Not Need New Cables. Could Anyone Tell Me Some Places To Get Springs From So I Can Compare Prices And So On. All Help Greatly Apreceated
      2" lift coils will fit quite happily without mods. Dosn't really matter how far yours have sagged, lift heights are based on the proper original hieght.

Milners don't sell lifted coils, only uprated, so you will be at stock height, Roughtrax (Procomp) 2" HD coils get you about 1 1/2" over stock and slightly uprated carrying capacity, or LA Supertrux sells heavy duty stock height, original spec or 2" lifted coils for the complete choice.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers lads i will check air-con pump in morning.
        one more thing if you dont mind.
        with the new springs will my hard / soft suspension still work ok. you see i prefer to drive in soft mode and only use hard when towing.
        and thanks again

Comment

It's the shocks that are activated by the switch., not the springs.

Comment

i now that but what i mean is will having uprated springs that have a lift by 1 to 2 inch and that are firmer affect the way my h/s susp works.
            'ie' not the original factory fitted standard springs that are set for the h/s susp for the surf. will they still work the same.
            cheers

Comment

Working...
            X