No announcement yet.

Exhaust or Snorkel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to chop my exhaust off 2" behind the box and then connect it to some stainless steel flexi-pipe just can't find the stuff here in Africa, then I'd route the exhaust out the side of the vehicle.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
      I want to chop my exhaust off 2" behind the box and then connect it to some stainless steel flexi-pipe just can't find the stuff here in Africa, then I'd route the exhaust out the side of the vehicle.
      before going down the flexi-pipe route be sure its up to the task, i used flexi to go under the front prop when i lifted the truck. the engine vibrations destoyed the pipe very quickly! sounded good with the exhaust about a foot long.
      Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
        Did you have a Capri in the 70's, jacked up and sidepipes? As a schoolboy I only read "custom car" for the cars, honest mum.
        NO but i wish I did!!!

Wasnt born till '83 mate.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          I would not run the pipes down the side as they would get crushed like the side steps when off road , unless you don't use off road. You could get some side pipes like the custom boys used in the 70's .
          How about some really heavy duty metal tubing attached to the chassis down the side - dual use - exhaust pipes AND rock sliders all in one
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

or use the chassis rails... keep em warm and dry, no need to waxoil them!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

asda price

when they snap its time to look at how it is at the hangers and if it is not an old system go back and get it looked at at the garage that fited it but it sounds like it is tine to dip in to your asda pocket and give the moths a good airing
              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

How much would one expect to pay for a stainless steel exhaust on a 1997 KZN185 3.0L auto?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
                  when they snap its time to look at how it is at the hangers and if it is not an old system go back and get it looked at at the garage that fited it but it sounds like it is tine to dip in to your asda pocket and give the moths a good airing
                  You're as bad as me! This thread is nearly 3 years old.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                  X