back seat thinggggggggyyyyyyyyys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back seat thinggggggggyyyyyyyyys

The plastic release buttons that you pull to release the back seats have both gone missing, is there any other way of letting the seats down to make space.

I've broken one of mine, so have a similar problem. My solution is either jam a flat headed screwdriver into the place where the seat locks onto the catch (about a third of the way down the back of the seat at its edge), or to use a pair of long nosed pliers to grab hold of whats left of the top of the bit that the plastic button thingy screws onto and pull.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

[QUOTE=Slugsie]I've broken one of mine, so have a similar problem. My solution is either jam a flat headed screwdriver into the place where the seat locks onto the catch (about a third of the way down the back of the seat at its edge), or to use a pair of long nosed pliers to grab hold of whats left of the top of the bit that the plastic button thingy screws onto and pull.[/QUO

Many thanks, what would i do without the forum and you clever people.lol

Comment

I broke my nearside one. That seat is left down all the time now cos I'm a lazy git.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I broke my nearside one. That seat is left down all the time now cos I'm a lazy git.
          lol

Comment

What plastic bits ? mine has webbing finger loops....
            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Originally posted by FlySurfer - Edy.
              What plastic bits ? mine has webbing finger loops....
              On the top of the seat backs is the plastic thingys. The webbing loops are for lifting the seat bases.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

Webbing Loops?

Originally posted by Slugsie
                On the top of the seat backs is the plastic thingys. The webbing loops are for lifting the seat bases.
                I've been searching all over to try to lift my seat bases. Webbing Loops? where are these then? If I try to lift the seat bases by hand they seem to catch onto something. I've been trying to find something to "release" them. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Comment

Originally posted by iggypop
                  I've been searching all over to try to lift my seat bases. Webbing Loops? where are these then? If I try to lift the seat bases by hand they seem to catch onto something. I've been trying to find something to "release" them. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
                  Put your hand down the back of the seat base, the loop should be down there near the centre of the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                    Put your hand down the back of the seat base, the loop should be down there near the centre of the seat.

Thanks again. I don't know where I'd be without this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by iggypop
                      Thanks again. I don't know where I'd be without this forum!
                      Thats nice for you! I cant find mine, but have something similar between the seats. Pulling on it does nothing. Is there any other way of releasing the seat bases?
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

if pulling the tape dont do it, the hard way is undo the 10mm bolts attaching the seat base to the hinge. 2 nuts either side of the hinge. must be something caught in the gubbins. once you got it off it should work normally next time....
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

it won't lift if you're sitting on it either!... just give it a good old fashioned yank!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

general custer??
                            ernest borgnine?
                            dean martin?
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

You forgot John Wayne!!!
                              Mike G

Comment

Working...
                              X