slooshing sounds from heater matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slooshing sounds from heater matrix

just a new head and block sleeve completed on the surf (due to both being cracked, head and cylinders 3&4) and there is a slooshing sound when I accelerate coming from the heater matrix when its set to warm/hot. I have flushed the matrix through with the hose and it appears to be fine.

The mech who did the repairs has asked me to put in wynns rad flush for the week and bring it in on sat. Read the bottle and it says 10-20 mins for the flushing and then replace with coolant etc.

Will it cause any damage if I leave the flush in there for a couple of days ?(100miles or so) Or should I go with the directions and put it in Sat morning for the drive to the garage?

Any suggestions ?

Cheers
    Mart

......surf's up pal!

Originally posted by Mart
    just a new head and block sleeve completed on the surf (due to both being cracked, head and cylinders 3&4) and there is a slooshing sound when I accelerate coming from the heater matrix when its set to warm/hot. I have flushed the matrix through with the hose and it appears to be fine.

The mech who did the repairs has asked me to put in wynns rad flush for the week and bring it in on sat. Read the bottle and it says 10-20 mins for the flushing and then replace with coolant etc.

Will it cause any damage if I leave the flush in there for a couple of days ?(100miles or so) Or should I go with the directions and put it in Sat morning for the drive to the garage?

Any suggestions ?

Cheers
    Play safe and go with the directions on the bottle just in case any of the chemicals within the flush are harmful to water pump, hoses etc, if used for long period.
    Hopefully the sloshing sound in the heater matrix is just air (a common problem when doing a complete coolant change). Your mech should know how to get the air out when he re-fills it but there's plenty of info on the Forum if you do a search.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

yeap it was air.....flushed system through with wynns coolant flush and refilleed with 3ltrs coolant and filtered water. Left rad cap off and run upto temp for 15mins ish. Slooshing nearly gone so poss still a little air.

Anway thanks for the advice.

Cheers
      Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Working...
      X