No announcement yet.

Intermittent starting/ running fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse is ok first thing i checked the others you suggest i will do now I've goggled how to do it. I can see how it can be the glow plugs causing problems now with non starting but would this have caused the original symptoms ?
    one thing at a time I suppose, thanks for your input JW

Comment

Reading your first post. Dod it cut out just on idle or if you where revving. If the former its glow plugs. Stick a new set in. Its not a bad idea anyway

Comment

Relay checked today seems ok resistance across two small pins 75 and clicks when 12 v attached to these two. 12v reading across large pin sockets
        what seems baffling is suddenly battery and check engine light and glow plug light dont light up at all
        to answer youŕ question stalling occured when idling

Comment

If stalling on idle but not when booting it it sounds like glowies. Check all the fuses, weird about no lights on dash but could be the lamps in the cluster have blown, but check fuses anyway

Comment

Had a eureka moment. ... after market immobiliser !!!!!!
            didnt occur to me before as the starter motor was turning over, but removed it a few days ago no problems since. Over the moon thought it was destined for the scrapyard

Comment

Originally posted by sheza View Post
              Had a eureka moment. ... after market immobiliser !!!!!!
              didnt occur to me before as the starter motor was turning over, but removed it a few days ago no problems since. Over the moon thought it was destined for the scrapyard
              having exact same problem with mine, had an auto spark in checked everything as i already had whole dash out checked immobiliser as well all checked out ok except power to spill valve trying to find spv relay but no luck tony said it was on passenger side did find some relays but not spv relay, any info as to where this is as need to check it before buying spill valve.
              15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-...relay-location

there you go hope its not your valve roughtraxs supplier have just hiked up the price
                my fault was on the ignition switch intermittent at first so initially immobilizer seemed to be ok
                might be worth removi g it first it was a simple job in my case

Comment

Originally posted by sheza View Post
                  https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-...relay-location

there you go hope its not your valve roughtraxs supplier have just hiked up the price
                  my fault was on the ignition switch intermittent at first so initially immobilizer seemed to be ok
                  might be worth removi g it first it was a simple job in my case
                  thanks for that, found fuel pump relay up behind instrument cluster what a nightmare, anyway it is clicking when 12v applied sent ecu away to be checked again came back all ok but still will not start no fuel at injectors, had auto spark here for full day he did power up spv with small voltage started straight away so definitely electrical unfortunately not to hot on electrics l do not know where to look at next bloody stumped. does not seem to be any power coming from relay wondering if relay could be knackered even though its clicking any advice would be greatly appreciated.
                  15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Did you solve this issue - i know its a long time, but a solution posted would be helpful
                    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                    X