Idling speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling speed

Is is possible to adjust the idling speed on a KZN130 engine or is it controlled by the ECU?

Mine idles @ about 800rpm and I get a bit of thump when I engage Drive, was thinking of reducing the speed to 650 maybe.

Cheers

Kev

Originally posted by exmee46
    Is is possible to adjust the idling speed on a KZN130 engine or is it controlled by the ECU?

Mine idles @ about 800rpm and I get a bit of thump when I engage Drive, was thinking of reducing the speed to 650 maybe.

Cheers

Kev
    Mine idles around 650rpm which is correct according to the book.
    There is a throttle stop screw on the throttle quadrant (see attachment) it may be possible to get some adjustment via this. The speed is set by the ECU but if the throttle cable is set too tight this may be why your idle speed is a bit high.
    Attached Files
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
      Mine idles around 650rpm which is correct according to the book.
      There is a throttle stop screw on the throttle quadrant (see attachment) it may be possible to get some adjustment via this. The speed is set by the ECU but if the throttle cable is set too tight this may be why your idle speed is a bit high.
      Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Kev

Comment

Well, no luck there, the stop was set in the correct place.

Anyone any more ideas - presumably its more likely to be one of the sensors going a bit off spec than the ECU failing. Its definately showing about 800rpm on idle so its well up on 650.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by exmee46
          Well, no luck there, the stop was set in the correct place.

Anyone any more ideas - presumably its more likely to be one of the sensors going a bit off spec than the ECU failing. Its definately showing about 800rpm on idle so its well up on 650.

Cheers

Kev
          Looking through the manual the only other item that could affect the idle speed, other than a sensor/ecu problem could be the injection timing. Have a look at the attachment.
          If the engine check light is not on then the ecu hasn't seen it as a problem so unlikely checking the sensors will reveal anything
          Attached Files
          Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Working...
          X