4wd not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd not working

hi can any one help please i have a surf kzn130 ssr-x and i cant get it into 4wd i did when i first got it but now i does not want to work could it just be a plug or wire?
    drive it like you stole it !

Originally posted by skeetmatthew
    hi can any one help please i have a surf kzn130 ssr-x and i cant get it into 4wd i did when i first got it but now i does not want to work could it just be a plug or wire?
    You don't say whether it is 4wHigh or 4wLow or both that won't operate.
    To use 4wLow you must stop, select N or P then 4wLow (on the lever) then back into D again. 4wHigh can be selected on the move upto 60mph providing you are travelling straight but you should ease off the throttle to allow it to change. 4wHigh does sometimes stick both in and out but even the handbook recognises this. It is also not unheard of for the 4wLow lever to be left in neutral, in which case neither will work.
    If all of the above check out then there may be a fault in the vacuum system.
    I have a guide on how to fault find on the 4wdrive system but it is too big to post to the Forum. Drop me an Email if you want it and I wiil post it direct.
    Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by skeetmatthew

sometimes you can't get 4WD if you are stationary. the switch works on a vacuum and sometimes needs the engine revs to work
      ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

thanks for all your idears but i found a loose earth behind the left hand side battery and when it was reconnected it works fine many thanks matt
        drive it like you stole it !

Comment

Working...
        X