No announcement yet.

Yay!!! - 30mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, after having worked out my MPG, I am stunned if 30mpg is possible from a 3.0!!! Maybe it needs a damn good service (or maybe I need to wear trainers rather than diving boots).
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Its OK for you country folk!

What about mileage results from anyone living in London or other big city in UK. Would be very interested. My car 3 ltr 1993 runs like a dream with no problems, but still only average about 20 and if driving only in London even less. My smoke reading is 1.4 so must be burning fuel OK. Although not a slow driver, i am not that bad. If anyone knows diesel tuner in London, please let me know.
      Happy New Year everyone.
      Rgds Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache]So how much fuel is left when the light comes on, and where is the guage reading when it comes on? I've never seen mine come on and have run it below the lower mark on the gauge.
        QUOTE]

Mine comes on just about where the fuel needle hits/passes the lowest graduation on the meter.

Comment

I dont suppose you know how far you can go from that point until dry? Not something you'd want to find out by accident I guess!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

My yellow light has only come on once. It was a bit scary with the caravan on tow - that'll teach me not to pay attention!

Yesterday was the second lowest I have run the tank and when I filled up I got 53L in, although the yellow light didn't show. I thought Surfs had a 55L tank . I guess not or I'll be getting weights and measures round to my local garage.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Bl**dy H**l!!!, theres suposed to be a light?

You'll be telling me there is a Turbo light next!!
              Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Low Fuel Light

Manual says the LFWL comes on when there is about 9ltrs left - ie after about 55litres from full. (Tank on 3ltr anyway has 65litres capacity) This seems about right in my experience - and the needle is very much at the bottom of the gauge when this happens. Theoretically up to 40 or 45 miles but more reasonably 30miles if you are lucky.

For those who have never seen it - its on the gauge itself next to the 'E'.

Happy New Surfing Year Everyone

Kev
                Last edited by exmee46; 1 January 2005, 10:47.

Comment

Working...
                X