Yay!!! - 30mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay!!! - 30mpg

Finally broke the 30mpg barrier. Just came down from Bristol - 113kms - used 10.56 litres brimfull to brimfull @ 2500rpm = a whisker under 70mph and by my calculations got ... 30.10 mpg.

makes up for Salisbury Plain on Sunday when I got 21.66

Cheers

Kev

Note to self: - must get out more
    Last edited by exmee46; 30 November 2004, 00:47.

Thank goodness for that. At least people won't think I am bulls***ing about my 28MPG average between Luton and Stanmore. It would be better if the traffic would just flow.

Now, If you were doing that mileage on veg oil................
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by exmee46
      Finally broke the 30mpg barrier. Just came down from Bristol - 113kms - used 10.56 litres brimfull to brimfull @ 2500rpm = a whisker under 70mph and by my calculations got ... 30.10 mpg.

makes up for Salisbury Plain on Sunday when I got 21.66

Cheers

Kev

Note to self: - must get out more
      Wish I could get 30, the best I have had is 27.68, but then again I daily face the M25

Then again my Salisbury Plain run was almost the same as you, it must be the beating up of them there puddles

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

i get 500km on a tank (50:50)

Comment

I never get more than 21 on a cold start from home to work - 12 miles. When towing the caravan I get about 17.

It's a 94 3 litre.
          Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

i just got about 530km but that was all on the motorway. usually 300-350kms per tank
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

3.0 TD

Average over 6 months
              22.187 mpg

Best

Worst

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

mine's a manual gearbox, must help matters

Comment

has anyone noticed a difference when using different fuels, i.e. esso diesel seems to provide a much smoother sounding engine than asda or tesco diesel, or am i imagining it? as for mpg, i always get around 22mpg irrespective of what diesel i use.
                  [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by GJ_ok
                    mine's a manual gearbox, must help matters
                    It could also be the way I drive

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by stara
                      has anyone noticed a difference when using different fuels, i.e. esso diesel seems to provide a much smoother sounding engine than asda or tesco diesel, or am i imagining it? as for mpg, i always get around 22mpg irrespective of what diesel i use.
                      It is claimed by some of the motoring press & journals that supermarket fuels contain less detergents etc. in them which helps keep the engine in good nick and maybe makes the supermarket brands not quite so good as proporietary oil company fuels (e.g. Shell, BP & Esso) etc.

You may be experiencing this with your Esso diesel.
                      Live for Today

Comment

fUEL CONSUMPTION

i WAS REALLY GETTING CONCERNED HOW MUCH FUEL I WAS USING IN MY 94 3.0LTD AUTO.
                        i CHANGED THE AIR FILTER (£32,50 AT MOTORBITZ!) AND ADDED SOME INJECTOR CLEANER ADDITIVE.
                        jUST COMPLETED 310KM FOR 50 LITRES WHICH IS THE SAME AS USUAL.
                        PERHAPS THE NEXT 50 LITRES WILL SEE AN IMPROVEMENT.
                        ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS

cHEERS

PAUL j

Comment

around 300 to 350 km per tank in mine

Comment

Economy

I normally put around 40 litres in at a time running it down to about a quarter tank. The last batch did 307 km, although i may be out by a litre or two.

I have just put in 52 litres to fill her for Christmas, 1st time i've brimmed the tank, so i'll see what she does.

I'm not heavy footed, don't have to be with 3ltrs on tap, but I try to get her into top quickly before opening up. But I must confess I do like to cruise in her and will quite happily sit at 60mph on t'motorway when I don't have to be anywhere fast. Did not do this in the old Rover, and I don't when I'm on the bike.

However according to gov tests should only get 35mph out of the old CBR6, but always get about 50mph, and I dont mess about on the roads , she gets used.

Back to the Surf, I did drop to aound 25mph when I was messing about with the overdrive to see what difference it made to performance and economy, but this time she's been on od all the time.

I'll brim her again next time and see how far I'm out with my figures. If I'm anywhere near should be about 400k down to a quarter tank.
                            Last edited by ni9eofse7en; 10 December 2004, 17:58.

Comment

Interesting range of experiences here. I generally get around 135km from brimfull to the top of the markers, then 200 at the 3/4 mark, 300 at the half mark, 400 at the quarter and 470+ depending on how brave I'm feeling before I fill up again. I do 30 kms each way to work and back and average 25-26mpg. I try to never exceed 3000rpm in any gear. Would be better if the traffic moved a bit faster on the busiest non-motorway road in Somerset - can't get into lock-up 4th . On the M5 I can easily get much nearer 30 (or even beat it - whaich started this whole thing off).

For my conversion calcs I assume 45 litres is 10 gallons and multiply kms x 5 and divide by 8 to get miles.

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
                              X