yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head gasket Toyota part number wanted, head probs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head gasket Toyota part number wanted, head probs!!!

Can anyone tell me what the Toyota part number is for the head gasket....
    I took the head off today and my head is cracked on all cylinders, across the valves.
    The worst one being number 4 cyl which also looks like it has been washed away, all pit holey, more so towards the back, is this normal????
    It does seem strange, as I have had the surf for 15 months with no probs with water at all, I have checked it every other day by taking off the engine cap, it has never needed topping up and always been a nice green colour and still was green when I empted the water to change the head.
    I had checked the water just one day before the head went, I had no overheating signs, just white smoke after a restart after a very short journey, it's really baffling, I just can't see that all four cracks appear in such a short time.

Originally posted by snowwolf
    Can anyone tell me what the Toyota part number is for the head gasket....
    I took the head off today and my head is cracked on all cylinders, across the valves.
    The worst one being number 4 cyl which also looks like it has been washed away, all pit holey, more so towards the back, is this normal????
    It does seem strange, as I have had the surf for 15 months with no probs with water at all, I have checked it every other day by taking off the engine cap, it has never needed topping up and always been a nice green colour and still was green when I empted the water to change the head.
    I had checked the water just one day before the head went, I had no overheating signs, just white smoke after a restart after a very short journey, it's really baffling, I just can't see that all four cracks appear in such a short time.
    They were probably cracked all along but took some time to open enough for them to cause problems. They can also get covered in carbon and all it needs is a redex treatment to blow of the carbon and bingo - they leak.

Not sure of the part number but if you get in touch with ukcylinderheads and ask for the Toyota head gasket set then they will supply it. They do genuine and non genuine gasket sets.

Cheers

Comment

Also note that there are different thicknesses...
      Due to account for poor casting/machining...

Taken from the EPC for the 2LTE engine on a 2nd Gen upto Nov '91
      11115-54081-D0 8908-9111
      Subs 11115-54082-D0 2LT#, 2L...LN130,8# Mark D

11115-54081-F0 8908-9111
      Subs 11115-54082-F0 2LT#, 2L...LN130,8# Mark F

11115-54082-B0 9111-9204
      Subs 11115-54083-B0 2LT#, 2L...LN130,8# Mark B

So you'll need to have your one off and see which one it needs...
      Also check that these substituted numbers haven't been changed again (since my version of EPC).

Hope this leads you in the right direction.

andyL
      Attached Files
      Last edited by AndyLala; 28 October 2004, 09:51.

Comment

Working...
      X