X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtydog
    just checked that and reliase i meant 0.6-0.7

good one!

ahhh thats better, at 87 psi the engine would have melted by now and you would have given Jensen Button a run for his money
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      ahhh thats better, at 87 psi the engine would have melted by now and you would have given Jensen Button a run for his money
      I wondered who that was looking surprised in my rear view mirror!
      makes sense now I am running just under 10psi
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Update:

I have been doing a conversion to work out how much boost I am running.

The guage goes up to just over 0.9 Bar with my foot to the floor on long hills.
        0.9/0.069 = 13 PSI, I did adjust it right up to when I hit the overboost warning on the dash (red light comming on) that was at 1 bar so I downed the boost controller 1/2 a turn and now max at 0.9 bar. So I guess I am running at 13psi not 12psi.

I was wondering if there is any way of increasing the amount of fuel going into the engine whilst running at such a high boost?

Comment

Originally posted by computingfuture
          Update:

0.9/0.069 = 13 PSI, I did adjust it right up to when I hit the overboost warning on the dash (red light comming on) that was at 1 bar so I downed the boost controller 1/2 a turn and now max at 0.9 bar. So I guess I am running at 13psi not 12psi.

I was wondering if there is any way of increasing the amount of fuel going into the engine whilst running at such a high boost?
          Where did you get your boost controller valve from? Have you got a part no or something?
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            Where did you get your boost controller valve from? Have you got a part no or something?

my local halfords stock them, it is just a brass thingy with two connectors and a hole in the bottom opposite a knob thingy that you can tighten.

Comment

Theres loads on ebay
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by computingfuture
                Update:

If you are running this on a 2LT engine rather than a 2LTE engine then you will need to get the fuel pump recalibrated, you may be able to do it yourself by adjusting the peak flow rate. On a 2LTE the peak flow rate is the only thing you can adjust, the rest of the settings are set by the ECU.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                  If you are running this on a 2LT engine rather than a 2LTE engine then you will need to get the fuel pump recalibrated, you may be able to do it yourself by adjusting the peak flow rate. On a 2LTE the peak flow rate is the only thing you can adjust, the rest of the settings are set by the ECU.

Cheers

does anyone know of a diagram showing me what I need to adjust to do this?

Comment

Working...
                  X