Engine Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    That's the oil pressure sender for the presure gauge on the dash.
    The other half of that connector should be amongst the alternator wires near the driver's side battery.
    Thanks Vince, all sorted and connected now

Comment

New questions

The four pics below are area's that I'm stuck with, any help appreciated.

Pic 1 - Vacuum pipes and 2 brackets, where do the brackets attach to and where do the vacuum pipes go? I'm guessing that they are all something to do with the EGR system, if so, can I just bin them or will this cause problems at MOT time. If I can bin them, is there anything I'll need to block off?

Pic 2 - I know that this sits in the bracket just visible on the lower left of the pic, but which pipe attaches to it?

Pic 3 - Looks like another throttle cable (sorry for blurred pic), I've attached the throttle cable already, can't figure out where this one goes though?

Pic 4 - Are these 2 ring connectors anything to do with the glow plugs?

Thanks in advance
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 2. Turbo pressure sensor filter?
        Pic.3 Is the transmission kickdown cable, it attaches to the throttle body in a similar way to the throttle cable.

Can't help with the others at the moment, it's been a few years since I've looked at a 2.4 engine.

Comment

Thanks Vince, just need to get them all sorted now, lol

Comment

Pic 1: Look between the EGR Pipe and the Throttle Cable. see the hole there? The bracket bolts in, down in that area. One VSV is for EGR Valve and the other is for Small Butterfly.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...p?f=63&t=25419

Nev.

Comment

Pic 4: They are the two terminals that connect to the Glow Plug Resistor under Intake Manifold. Make sure you connect them properly with the insulator.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...p?f=63&t=14158

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                Pic 1: Look between the EGR Pipe and the Throttle Cable. see the hole there? The bracket bolts in, down in that area. One VSV is for EGR Valve and the other is for Small Butterfly.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...p?f=63&t=25419

Nev.
                I'm not quite sure what the EGR pipe looks like (I'm guessing it's just like a vacuum pipe?), know where the throttle cable is though so I'll look for the hole in that area. Also no idea what VSV stands for, lol

Comment

Pic 4: They are the two terminals that connect to the Glow Plug Resistor under Intake Manifold. Make sure you connect them properly with the insulator.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...p?f=63&t=14158

Nev.
                  So, black first, then red with insulation between both, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
                    I'm not quite sure what the EGR pipe looks like (I'm guessing it's just like a vacuum pipe?), know where the throttle cable is though so I'll look for the hole in that area. Also no idea what VSV stands for, lol
                    Something like VSV = "Vacuum Switching Valve"
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Andy

Comment

First pic. EGR Pipe is the rusty looking cast iron pipe under the glow plug resistor terminals. Bracket goes under this pipe toward rear roughly under the EGR valve.

Nev.

Comment

Yes.

Nev.

Comment

First pic. EGR Pipe is the rusty looking cast iron pipe under the glow plug resistor terminals. Bracket goes under this pipe toward rear roughly under the EGR valve.

Nev.
                            Aha, in the first pic, you can see a hole between the EGR pipe and the throttle cable connection, is that the hole?

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by RebelV8 View Post
                            Yes.

Nev.

Thanks Nev

Comment

Aha, in the first pic, you can see a hole between the EGR pipe and the throttle cable connection, is that the hole?
                              Yes, that's the one. Not sure which is which for the bracket, but once you get it in there it should be obvious where it goes.

Nev.

Comment

BTW, the single hose in the pic with fuel pipes goes between water outlet under thermostat housing to under manifold. It's one of two that connect to manifold. You can see one hose connection in bottom left of this pic -

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...0&d=1376773560

Nev.

Comment

Working...
                                X