Turbo problem 2.4TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo problem 2.4TD

Hi, I've recently purchased a 2.4TD hilux surf. The engine is good and it runs pretty good, only problem I have is the turbo worked for about a week or so then I replaced the air filter and I now notice that the turbo light doesn't come on the dash any more and there seems to be less power when going up hills etc... When I first turn the key all the lights do come on i.e the turbo light the engine check light etc as normal so I know the light works.

My question is I have checked all the hoses for breaks etc and have found a shortish pipe which doesn't seem to connect anywhere that I can see and was wondering if I dislodged it when replacing the air filter. The pipe in question is attached to the same part as the "J" shaped boost pipe where the pipe im looking at comes out the top and J shaped one comes out the bottom. See this post for a similar looking example as I can't post attachments as this is my first post.

I hope this all makes sense and someone with a bit more knowledge than me can help.

Peter.

Help you this picture?
    see you red mark
    Attached Files

Comment

On the air filter housing is the Turbo pressure Sensor. The hose from top of white filter connects to the botom of the Turbo Sensor.

Nev.

Comment

Hi here is a pic of the hose I just can't see where it goes. It's the one sticking up in the air at the bottom of the picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

see what's marked in green. Vacuum hose is inserted into the pressure sensor, the one with red label
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah yes thanks guys I've found where you mean all working again now, sorry bit of a numb nuts on my part I couldn't see for looking lol

Comment

a lot of tape on hoses and electrical connectors in that pic?
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                a lot of tape on hoses and electrical connectors in that pic?
                Yeah, better replace intake hoses before you destroy the turbo with bits of hose going through it. The elbow between the plastic crossover tube and the turbo intake will crumble and bits will get sucked into the turbo.

Nev.

ps; Can you rotate pics before posting. I already have a sore neck.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                  Yeah, better replace intake hoses before you destroy the turbo with bits of hose going through it. The elbow between the plastic crossover tube and the turbo intake will crumble and bits will get sucked into the turbo.

Nev.

ps; Can you rotate pics before posting. I already have a sore neck.
                  Hi yeah sorry about rotation took pic with ipad and uploaded without knowing what rotations it was. I'm awaiting new hoses (ordered them today) but will prob take at least a week to get them due to being here in Alderney C.I although Roughtrax are generally pretty good at geting stuff here fairly quick it just depends if DPD put goods on boat or plane which generally seems to be random which way round they do it. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X