Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Boost tubing, The right place to attach them

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction. Because I feel the boost guage tubing is not where it should be. Am I right or wrong?

ps.
    (I did the mod on the wastegate actuator, that diaphram by the turbo just beside its label, you wont miss it, it has two bolts attaching it to the turbo)
    I have placed 2 washers each on both bolts behind the diaphram of the turbo limiter.
    my boost reading is only upto 6-8psi. almost flooring the pedal, just almost.

Here are some images below.

This is what I meant that my engine is a little different from the other 2LTE turbo diesel SSRX I have seen around the site.
    a.) black head/black valve cover
    b.) the tubings etc are different those near the throttle. I have them on picture.

B.) are the tubings in the right places here? why is this different from the other 2nd gen surfs 2lte that i've seen. they mostly have grey heads/valve covers and the tubings here are quite different.

Last edited by mj1226; 7 September 2012, 04:37.

the boost gauge connection should not be on the turbo. it should be at the manifold which is really easy with these engines. simply find the boost sensor and T into the line going to it.

while you are at it follow the boost sensor line, you will see a round small plastic can it connects to. the can is prone to filling with crap so worth cleaning it out. also on the other side of that can is a fatter hose which goes to the manifold. its prone to splitting, you might want to change it while your at it.

Comment

Servo and fuel filter are opposite sides, this is because yours is lefty. The boost sensor is the little black box with the red sticker on it next to that air filter contraption
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
        the boost gauge connection should not be on the turbo. it should be at the manifold which is really easy with these engines. simply find the boost sensor and T into the line going to it.

while you are at it follow the boost sensor line, you will see a round small plastic can it connects to. the can is prone to filling with crap so worth cleaning it out. also on the other side of that can is a fatter hose which goes to the manifold. its prone to splitting, you might want to change it while your at it.
        tweak'e, thanks for the reply and also for the help. I'll try to check it out. Thank you sooooo much for the guide. I knew and I had a feeling the placement was wrong. Thanks to you guys here, for the support.

There is a device, right uptop near the throttle, with a blue thingie you wont miss it, it's in the image, also its with two tubes. On it's right side from that view, there is an empty tube facing the firewall with no vacuum tube attached to it. I am flustered where the vacuum tube is and where it is supposed to be connected.
        I noticed there is no vacuum tube in a certain device, I will post pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again tweak'e.

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
          Servo and fuel filter are opposite sides, this is because yours is lefty. The boost sensor is the little black box with the red sticker on it next to that air filter contraption
          Muddle, You are absolutely correct. Mine is a japan source but changed to a LHD setting.
          Yeah, thank you for educating me on that sensor.
          That boost sensor (tiny black thingie with a red sticker) it has a vacuum tube, is that where I should insert a "T" adaptor and connect my Turbo Gauge?

Sorreeee.....just reaffirming where to splice.

Comment

Here is that mysterious tube-less vacuum that I was talking about AND where do I connect it to.

Also pointed out that tiny plastic can that I think is the one being referred that needs checking and clean as necessary.
            Correct me if I'm wrong?

Heep of thanks to you all.

Comment

This should help........
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/performance.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mj1226 View Post
                Here is that mysterious tube-less vacuum that I was talking about AND where do I connect it to.
                There's no hose for that. Take a look at the other VSVs on the vehicle. They should all have a black cylinder shaped filter on them. This should have the same. It's there to keep dirt out of the VSV as it works. If you can't find a spare then just connect a piece of hose to a small plastic fuel filter and mount it somewhere.

Originally posted by mj1226 View Post
                Also pointed out that tiny plastic can that I think is the one being referred that needs checking and clean as necessary.
                Correct me if I'm wrong?
                Yep, clean it if it's got oil in it.

Comment

Nev & Bush and all you guys here thanks so much for the help on this.

Here is the new and corrected tubing placements thanks to you guys.

I bought tubes from the local motorcycles shop, since they are silicones, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X