A/T problems...I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/T problems...I think

Hey pep's in need of some advice/help please....
    Had my surf on the road for a week now having brought it after it had been sitting lifeless for over 18 months. Hadn't been for any long road trips and everything had been ticker tee boo, or so i thought till today. Had just covered about 60 miles and pulled up to a set of lights, went to drive off and had to give it a shed load of revs to get moving but once i had it was fine. Then pulled in to a car park, stuck her in reverse and had to give her a huge amount of gas just to v. slightly and v. slowly move backward...!!! Parked up for an hr, came back to motor and there was no problems till about another half hour of driving when the engine started getting really hot (temp gauge going 3/4) and once again pulling off in either direction became virtually impossible. Just gone back to the surf after 1 1/2 hrs of cooling down and everything is fine again (Creeps forward or backward when releasing foot brake) The only difference is theres now a couple of drips of oil for underneath the A/T and the fluid looks a dirty pink. sorry for the boring long tread

Since having the truck have you serviced it?
    If not then i would get a filter kit from www.milneroffroad.com and thermo stat,belts oil and rad cap,tensioner and t belt.Give it a ruddy good service and also change the atf.
    Could be a possibility that the fuel primer has had it.Tyr pumping it several times to see if it goes hard
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Bad to worst..

Had a small service new stat, oil + filter, air filter and fuel filter...Didn't do atf as i was told it was fresh before he abandoned it...was also 'bubblegum pink in colour(no idea if this was good) But now a dirty pink...!!! Forgot to write earlier it also started to smell like 'hot vaseline' in the cockpit, i presume the atf...??? But just took for a test drive and now the power steering is acting up...feels like turning a cog when doing a manoeuvre....Any comments would be very welcome...Thanks for the advice so far..

Comment

Will be changing atf asap...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't forget that when you refill the atf that you need the engine running and work the gear selector through all the gears a while and then check the level on the dipstick and fill more if required and do the same again

Comment

Check your brakes haven't stuck partially on.

Comment

checked all the breaks before the mot mate...all good, but v.similiar symptoms to trying to drive off with hand break on...not that i've done that obviously
              The thing bothering me the most is that i only get these tranny prob when its v. hot and why the power steering is being affected....down to the local garage me thinks.........

Comment

Stormy, did you get my private messages about the rear key switch?
                Sorry Bobbyj to hijack your post

Very best

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by axelgs1 View Post
                  Stormy, did you get my private messages about the rear key switch?
                  Sorry Bobbyj to hijack your post

Very best

Andy
                  Hi Andy.Sorry i havent.You can email me at stormforce1067@sky.com if needed.
                  I'm not doing parts anymore now but if you are after somethng give supersurf a shout or TonyN as one of them will certainly have what you need

Comment

Working...
                  X