• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h

Lol, I'll post some tomorrow.
    All the best

Comment

Hi Frontman. Any update on your head situation?

Mark
      :

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza52 View Post
        apart from having to replace both front crank and cam seals again its been no bother, therefore I would recommend Toyota oilseals in future along with Tbelt and head gasket. Thats my penneth.
        My Roughtrax aftermarket seal didn't last long either.

Comment

Head Purchase

Thank's to all for the advice, looks like the head & quality bits will come out at around £600.00. As I'm doing the work myself i only want to be doing it once.
          As for an update, well it's going really well. week 5 of the project and I am ready to remove the head so another 6 or 8 weeks should see me close to finishing !!! This is how it goes when the motor's on the drive and the weather's c**p and having a Two year old daughter taking up the rest of my time, but what the heck.
          The time frame may seem a bit on the top side to some but when the oil pipe went on the motorway and I had to do the bottom end it took 7 months.
          (if anyone would like any work doing on their surf I charge by the hour.
          Air filter replacement = 2 days = £160 + parts.
          Headlight bulb = 4 hours = £40 + parts
          All the best

Comment

Update. Head off (bad Pitting)

Finaly removed head, head is very badly pitted round valves on one piston. 5 years since I did bottom end and sure the head wasn't in that state. Wondered if it was caused by water. Don't think it's even worth getting checked / pressure tested. Any ideas anyone ?
            All the best

Comment

Working...
            X