Head purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head purchase

After ages trying to keep the truck going finaly had a siff test and a new head is on the cards. I presume there may be "one or two" of you out there whom may have come across this problem so I'm looking for the best options. Roughtrax comes out around £600 built up with belt gaskets ect.
    Your experiences greatfuly accepted.
    Ill be doing the swap myself and I'm up north.

Cheers Col.

P.S. Have I got the only lowered surf in the land, everyones doing lift jobs for lane and offroad. mine had a 2" drop when i got it and apart from the odd bottoming out it corners like its on rails.
    All the best

What are you asking us?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      What are you asking us?
      How to use the search facility I guess.

Comment

Head

Thank you ever so much for your helpful comments, I suppose that a reply to a paragraph with "new head - Roughtrax - £600 - Your experiences greatfuly accepted " was far to complicated for some.

It must be great being so clever that part of knowing everything means you'll never need to ask for advice.

Cheers Col
        All the best

Comment

lol, its the time of the month, it has been covered to death though, but in the interest of keeping things rolling smoothly....

Roughtrax heads are perfectly fine, as are Engine Co ones, Ebay ones are random quaility/origin.

The care and precedure of fitting is of the biggest importance when doing 2.4 heads.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Head

Cheers for that mate, just wanted some recent info rather than a twelve month old post. I've checked out the ones you mentioned and needed a push away from a cheaper ebay option. Ringing stevo now.

Cheers again Col.
            All the best

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post
              Thank you ever so much for your helpful comments, I suppose that a reply to a paragraph with "new head - Roughtrax - £600 - Your experiences greatfuly accepted " was far to complicated for some.

It must be great being so clever that part of knowing everything means you'll never need to ask for advice.

Cheers Col

Don't get shitty with me, you've been a member since 2005 and you haven't noticed a cylinder head swap thread????

Comment

head

oooh hook, line and sinker, don't give it if you can't take it mate. In 2005 I got a bottom end for the surf from stevo but prices and options may be different now, I could also have a smoke in the pub, funny how things change from day to day eh ?

After taking time to look at the post it may have been easier to put
                " Good options, Stevo, fred blogs & roughtrax. Stay clear of random ebay ones"

Or even easier not to reply at all !

Wasn't being "shitty" when I put the bottom end in the surf this forum was a life saver and I hope my bit of banter has not offended anyone.

Cheers Col
                All the best

Comment

Originally posted by frontman View Post

After taking time to look at the post it may have been easier to put
                  " Good options, Stevo, fred blogs & roughtrax. Stay clear of random ebay ones"
                  You could have found the answer to that if you bothered to look.

Wasn't being "shitty" when I put the bottom end in the surf this forum was a life saver....

Make a donation to the site for all that money you saved then!

Comment

I can only quote my own experiance, I purchased a budget head from Milners and all the gaskets/bolts/seals etc from Roughtracks. I did the whole job myself with a cost of about £375, the truck is my dailey drive and also my laner, apart from having to replace both front crank and cam seals again its been no bother, therefore I would recommend Toyota oilseals in future along with Tbelt and head gasket. Thats my penneth.

Comment

Cheers Bazza I'll check out Miners as well.

Bushie seems a bit abrasive even after my apology so as a reminder of his first post,

"How to use the search facility I guess."

and from the forum admin sticky at the tp of the page

"If you reply is not of help or relevance to the original topic please do not post it."

As for the donation that's a great idea cheers.

You want to carry on or call it a draw lol
                      All the best

Comment

Carry on by all means.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Humm this sort of thing seems to happen a lot.

Last year Mudskipper got a head from roughtrax but then killed the rest of the engine burying it in 4 feet of clay so the fan couldn't turn and everything else died on it, but the head was still ok and re-sold.
                          Guess that and a stevo head are the best options.

good luck

cal
                          Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Head

Cheers cal,
                            either way I'll have to save up some pennies before the next stage. Spoke to stevo today and there seems there will be a problem with supplys from Japan after the quake. As for the off roading, well mine's hardly any good for anything more than a rough lane. Apart from a 2" lowering (it was like that when I got it) it also has a wrap round fiberglass kit that fits over the bumpers and replaces the side steps ( a bit flimsy for riding over boulders)
                            All the best

Comment

Any chance of some pics? I like them big and rough (like my women!) but I'd like to see what a lowered truck looks like (I hope the missus doesn't read this!)
                              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                              X