torque convertor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque convertor

Hello again and still not fixed my surf. Back working on it and taking the gearbox back off cause it dropped all the atf between convertor and engine. Hopefully its just the oil seal that needs changing but would like to know if anyone has one for sale just incase i need a replacement.

Thanks.....

I have a couple here at the moment, £30 + post?

Or you can collect from NP11 5JY if you prefer.

I have a couple of transmissions too if you need one.

Comment

That would be great Bushwacker. Hopefully the trans will be off by the weekend and i will get back to you. Will pick up as i'm from Swansea, could you inbox me your number?.....Thankyou.

Comment

Hello Bushwacker, cant see my messages and dont know how to get o them. I will put my number on here and you can text me your number. I want the torque Convertor.....Cheers. 07580985409

Comment

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
          Hello Bushwacker, cant see my messages and dont know how to get o them. I will put my number on here and you can text me your number. I want the torque Convertor.....Cheers. 07580985409
          Bushwacker, please get in touch cause i'm desperate for that torque convertor.....thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
            Bushwacker, please get in touch cause i'm desperate for that torque convertor.....thanks.
            Paul, did you receive my text?

Actually I sent it as a multimedia message as the text function doesn't work, dropped the phone in the bath a few weeks ago!

E-mail if easier......
            febsnowman@talktalk.net.

Comment

Hello again, still more problems!!!.....Re-fitted gear box with torque covertor attached with new oil seal and mated with engine. Engine purred at first turn of the key after 4 months standing. Anyway, filled transmission selected drive but no response, tried all gears but nothing. Did notice a low whirring noise from gearbox...Have we damaged the gearbox removing it from the donor vehicle?. If so Bushwacker, expect a visit from me for another gearbox....Any help would be apreciated.

Comment

Is the transmission fluid at the correct level? Check with the engine running.
                Is the transfer lever pulled back towards the seat?

Comment

Yes, transmission filled to correct level and transfer lever in correct position. Everything looks right except can't engage gears and a whirring noise from the gear-box......so frustrating.

Comment

Its hard to damage it TBH, not much help now its installed, but the hardest part of the job is making sure the torque converter lugs are properly meshed on the pump, as well as the splines on the converter located, were you sure it was pushed fully home and spun freely before fitting.

When you fitted the bolts from the flex plate to the converter did it line up ok, or seem to be pressing on the flex plate?

And make sure the t/case lever is properly fitted like Vince said, if the t/case is just in neutral or you missed the cut out when refitting the lever you'll be pretty annoyed if you take it all apart again for nothing... lol.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Everything you said was a no except the transfer lever which was a yes. The torque convertor couldn't have been fully on, darn it. Will have to take it off for the 3'rd time but this time i'll get it right (hopefully). Are there any tips on on sitting the T/C on the gearbox??.....Thankyou Tony and Vince, really appreciate your help....

Comment

When you push the T/C onto the splined shaft, you should 'feel' it clunk if it's properly seated.
                        Put a straight edge across the mating flange of the bell housing and there should be a gap of 17mm to the face of the T/C. If it's less than 17mm then it's not seated correctly and you just pull it off the splines and turn it slightly and push it back on. Repeat until it's fully seated.

Comment

Working...
                        X