Electronic 4WD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic 4WD

Hi Guy's and Gal's. Need help. The 4WD wont engage on my 2.4 ssr, The 4wd control unit clicks when I press the button on the high low shifter. There is vacum at the actuator on the transfer box so I know there are holes in any of the pipes. The light on the dash does not come on and the solenoids do not seem to be getting the comands to operate from the 4wd control unit. I assume it is an electrical fault but do not have a comprehensive wiring diagram. Has anyone got one or have any idea's as to the problem that I havn't thought of or tried.
    Thanks in advance
    Pete

Do away with the ADD altogether. It'll probably be a vacuum problem, not electrical.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks mate, but had a tester on it and it does seem to be electrical, powers not getting to them to activate them

Comment

Ah. Have you checked the fuses? I think the 4wd one is in the box in the driver's kick panel.

Comment

Yes mate, checked them and they are all ok. Havn't used 4wd mode for some time so thought at 1st it might have just been stuck. Had it up on a ramp and checked underneath. also tried driving with the 4wd button pressed in to free it if it had have been stuck

Comment

If the solenoids aren't clicking and your fuses are OK, I'd try swapping the 4wd ECU for a known good one. I'd still think about binning the ADD, whether it's a vacuum fault or an electrical fault (so long as it's not the transfer case doofer that's broken!).

Comment

Originally posted by banditpete View Post
              There is vacum at the actuator on the transfer box so I know there are holes in any of the pipes.
              Transfer Shift Motor is electrical.. No vacuum to transfer case at all. Does the front prop shaft engage? If not look at the Transfer Motor.

Nev

Comment

Working...
              X